• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline Classic Scope options???

The new FX Dreamline Classic requires tall rings to allow for their 16 shot clips. They are saying the gun will accept the regular Streamline magazines if you want to install scope with medium rings. They also say that these will float a little at the base, but will work perfectly. Sounds like salesman talk. I thought we always preferred to mount scopes as low as possible for accuracy. I need opinions from more experienced Airgun shooters. Mount with tall rings and use new mags vs using standard mags and medium rings???

Do you have a Dreamline? That's a tall order since not to many people have the Dreamline yet.I can say for a fact that you definately need tall rings,via SportsMatch,if you use the 16 shot magazine. I'm from the same camp you are.I was told to mount your scope as low as possible. I like a high cheek rest or another way to say, ( hunker down and idk, stretch my neck?,previous injuries forthwith,lol and the stock of the 22 cal Dreamline won't let you do that with high rings. So I'm looking at purchasing medium or low BKL rings and the lower capacity FX magazines. I'm interested to hear from others too

I have used both the FX No Limit and Sportsmatch Adjustable High rings on my Crown with the standard large magazine. The height above bore has no effect on "accuracy". It will cause a lower POI at very close ranges, but less drop from point of aim at longer distance. Example, compare a .22 pellet at 880 fps, 16 grains, with scope heights above bore of 2.25" and 1.50". If zeroed at 25 yards, the trajectories at 10 and 50 yards are: -.5" and -.9", and -2.3" and -1.6", comparing the lower and higher mounts, respectively. These numbers were taken from an online trajectory calculator, and I'm sure that individually measured results would vary, but I think they accurately demonstrate the relative effect of the scope's height above bore. Obviously, the trajectory is the same, but your relative eye position is different which alters your point of aim.