• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline barrel droop

Hi, some time ago I got a FX Dreamlite Lite in my hands. My first impression was that the gun was well built , good finition , very smooth action , great trigger , and…..well , lightweight , which was not surprising. All in all a good gun from a famous factory in airgunning. I didn't have the opportunity to shoot it , but I really thought to buy one. However , one things upsets me : the barrel was so thin that it droops with a light push of my finger ; even the shroud doesn't seem very stiff , and a moderator at the muzzle was enough to bend it down somewhat. The price is quite low too , for such a gun from FX ( I know the STX barrel is cheap to product , but…) So my question : is the Dreamlite not a cheaper " imitation " of , say, the Impact ? Does it have the same consistency and realiability of other FX?

I have owned a Dreamline classic in 22 since april. The barrel droop has not been an issue for me personally. Sometimes when I put by gun down on the bipod if i dont slowly put it down it will clank on the air tank. The first few times it happened I freaked out as well and immediately tested if it held zero and sure enough it did. Since the time I have initially sighted the gun in I have had 0 poi shift. If you plan to take the gun out hunting into the field you could look into 3d printed barrel bands. I think baker airguns sells them. Some people on yt have used them and it seems like it doesnt affect accuracy at all. I personally have thought about getting one but without a specific incident to cause any worry i dont see any reason to add the 3d printed piece since it looks kinda ugly imo. As for if its a cheaper imitation, i think it fills a different niche for shooting within 100 yards. If you want to consistently hit out past 100 thats where the impact and the price difference kinda comes into play. The gun in my personal opinion is amazing when compared to other similarly priced rifles, while still maintaining the high end fx fit and finish.

I used a one inch ID carbon tube with only a cut down FX liner inside on this build a couple days back. The FX liner ends at an aluminum adapter five inches before the end of the tube. The barrel does not move at all but then again it's only 15 inches long. It shoots ragged one hole groups at twenty five meters. Got some tuning to do yet for fifty meters. So I would have to say yes a carbon fiber tube will stiffen things up for sure.

FX has a "barrel support with o-ring" available for free. Call FX USA or e-mail them, took about a week to get mine. BTW I am loving my .22 Dream-lite. [email protected] or 866-639-0772
1567516221_12628435725d6e663d1d74b1.80008547_DSC_0019.JPG

FX provides the barrel sleeve support under warranty for the 600mm barrels. The 500mm don't seem to be as affected.

I tried:

o ring on the tube
o ring on the barrel
ohio airguns barrel band (trash)
some other one with picatinny mounts that went on the air tube, but I can't seem to find the source for it
fx dreamline support

For me, the FX warranty part (pictured above, thank you Hoople) works the best. No more clang, no more wobble, and spot on day after day in accuracy. 

FX has a "barrel support with o-ring" available for free. Call FX USA or e-mail them, took about a week to get mine. BTW I am loving my .22 Dream-lite. [email protected] or 866-639-0772
1567516221_12628435725d6e663d1d74b1.80008547_DSC_0019.JPG

Wow this is great information I just called and they are sending me the support. Thank you 

I too haven’t had any accuracy issues even with the barrel clanking.