• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline barrel band

Last week I got my Dreamline Classic .22 from Krale , and it was pretty accurate out of the box. I thought about putting a barrel band on it , but was afraid to loose some accuracy.

Anyway I did it ; just boring out the shroud hole of the band a bit , cause it was too thight . Now the bottom of the shroud is just touching , with very light pressure . I was very surprised to see the groups shrinking more than before. Maybe the band compensates the drop of the shroud / barrel due to the moderator 's weight....?

Anyway , when something works better ...I wouldn't change anything .😉.

Well , actually I can't give you a "scientific " answer. One of these days I'll try to index the barrel , I think it's the best way to deal with harmonics. All I can say at this time is the consistency has been increased.

Moreover , even I like FX 's for their accuracy and smoothness , I don't like the way the liner/ shroud is attached to the action ; it leads to lack of stiffness, even if the accuracy is excellent , I got some issues of POI with my Crown . I hope the barrel band will help to get rid of this problem on the Dreamline. Maybe is the barrel not entirely floating anymore , but If I consider my Cricket, the barrel fits snugly in the action and is clamped at two others places ....so not floating but very accurate anyway.

Reactions: monstr2
Last week I got my Dreamline Classic .22 from Krale , and it was pretty accurate out of the box. I thought about putting a barrel band on it , but was afraid to loose some accuracy.

Anyway I did it ; just boring out the shroud hole of the band a bit , cause it was too thight . Now the bottom of the shroud is just touching , with very light pressure . I was very surprised to see the groups shrinking more than before. Maybe the band compensates the drop of the shroud / barrel due to the moderator 's weight....?

Anyway , when something works better ...I wouldn't change anything .😉.

Let the gun break in a bit. I know your excited to "tweak it", let it settle in and get to know where it is coming from. This is a new relationship, be patient and you will be rewarded.