• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline AeronCZ Pro-Comp Chassis vs. Dreamline Classic

Hey Airgun Nation, New/Old guy here. Been contemplating a PCP for sometime now and I think I've narrowed things down to the .25 caliber FX Dreamline in either the Classic and build upon it or the AeronCZ Pro-Comp Chassis setup from Utah Airguns.

So, I would like the gun for mainly target shooting. I've never done any benchrest or field target but I'm interested in trying them. And I want to use the gun for pesting as well. 

Anyone have any experience with the AeronCZ Pro-Comp Chassis? Pros/Cons? Are there any issues with the open trigger guard?

I have nothing for a PCP, so starting from scratch. I only have an old Daisy Powerline springer that I've had for over 20 years. Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have a Dreamline Classic in .25 that I have added the AeronCZ chassis to. Here is the write up - https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-dl-classic-journey/#post-686389

The .25 caliber may not be legal for FT. I believe only .177 and .22 are legal for FT. I like the DL Classic/AeronCZ combination for bench shooting on my property (I don't compete in organized events). I'll try to answer your questions that I didn't address in my thread - just ask. 

I have a Dreamline Classic in .25 that I have added the AeronCZ chassis to. Here is the write up - https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-dl-classic-journey/#post-686389

The .25 caliber may not be legal for FT. I believe only .177 and .22 are legal for FT. I like the DL Classic/AeronCZ combination for bench shooting on my property (I don't compete in organized events). I'll try to answer your questions that I didn't address in my thread - just ask.

Wow, I didn't know about the caliber restrictions for FT. Thanks for the link I will check out the write up. 

I am very happy camper with the way my .25 DL Classic shoots and the AeronCZ looks like a nice addition.

10 shots @26yds

1588042753_2971429155ea79c013fd4c2.75970594.jpg

As others have mentioned FT is restricted to .22 and .177, and .22 has to shoot under 20ft lbs I believe. Buuuuttttt you can shoot a .25 in American Field Target at the Extreme Benchrest. The Aeron CZ chassis is nice with a decent amount of adjustments. But the rifle can feel a bit heavy at times if your planning on hunting small game as well. Definitely keen an eye out on Utah Airguns in their Used section, I’ve also seen some good deals pop up. Either version FX No Limit rings I’ll highly recommend to help clear the mags. I’d also recommend a Power Plenum so you can lower your regulator pressure and get the additional shot count. 

As others have mentioned FT is restricted to .22 and .177, and .22 has to shoot under 20ft lbs I believe. Buuuuttttt you can shoot a .25 in American Field Target at the Extreme Benchrest. The Aeron CZ chassis is nice with a decent amount of adjustments. But the rifle can feel a bit heavy at times if your planning on hunting small game as well. Definitely keen an eye out on Utah Airguns in their Used section, I’ve also seen some good deals pop up. Either version FX No Limit rings I’ll highly recommend to help clear the mags. I’d also recommend a Power Plenum so you can lower your regulator pressure and get the additional shot count.

Inkedshooter

Thanks for the great information. I have so much to consider and learn. I’m looking forward to getting a DL and playing around. 

Rodney