FX Dreamline, 23gr slugs, 900fps, 41fpe, & 1 MOA @ 100 yards? Full disclosure

Joekool, the 31.7 NSA slugs are here but I hadn't had time to shoot. I did do the mod with the hammer spring spacer. Had to turn a nylon washer do to 9.97mm to go in the 10mm hammer spring pocket. The washer is .120 thick. 3mm is .118 thick, think I'm good with only. 002 over 3mm.Did this last night. Hope to try it out today. And then I'll post my results. Dave 

Joekool, the 31.7 NSA slugs are here but I hadn't had time to shoot. I did do the mod with the hammer spring spacer. Had to turn a nylon washer do to 9.97mm to go in the 10mm hammer spring pocket. The washer is .120 thick. 3mm is .118 thick, think I'm good with only. 002 over 3mm.Did this last night. Hope to try it out today. And then I'll post my results. Dave

Sounds great, that should work! Good luck with your tuning and testing! 

Joekool, went to the range today and turned for fps I got the 31.7gr slugs up to 948-950 fps and the 33.5 slugs to 930s. 165br. 50 yr was 1 1/2" for 31& 33. I probably need to drop reg pressure some. And then when I left the range I had 210bar in the gun. And i got home 30 minutes later the gun was at 100bar. I guess I have a leak at the valve. Dang it.

On the standard FX AMP regulator, there is a reason that they post warnings in the manuals not to exceed 150 bar. Ernest Rowe did a video on this, check out his regulator vids on YouTube. He mentions to stop adjusting the brass regulator screw out when it is nearly flush with the regulator body, or else one of the o-rings shreds and you have a leakage problem.

Depending on the individual reg, you might get to 155 or 160 bar, but eventually, poof, there goes the o-ring. Time for a Huma hi-pressure version.

On the standard FX AMP regulator, there is a reason that they post warnings in the manuals not to exceed 150 bar. Ernest Rowe did a video on this, check out his regulator vids on YouTube. He mentions to stop adjusting the brass regulator screw out when it is nearly flush with the regulator body, or else one of the o-rings shreds and you have a leakage problem.

Depending on the individual reg, you might get to 155 or 160 bar, but eventually, poof, there goes the o-ring. Time for a Huma hi-pressure version.

My AMP regulator works great at 145 bar, nothing is screwed out too far. I’m in no danger.

Hyperdave, my bad I hadn't seen the Ernest videos on the amp reg. I didn't get an instruction manual with the the gun, only a booklet covering Dreamline, wild cat . And I read it. No mention of max regulator settings. Anyway that's on me. 

Will the Huma hp fit the bottle version of the Dreamline? I haven't check this option out yet. But I will. 

Hyperdave, my bad I hadn't seen the Ernest videos on the amp reg. I didn't get an instruction manual with the the gun, only a booklet covering Dreamline, wild cat . And I read it. No mention of max regulator settings. Anyway that's on me. 

Will the Huma hp fit the bottle version of the Dreamline? I haven't check this option out yet. But I will.

Don’t believe everything you hear. Do your own research? JMO... Earnest is referring to the amp regulator in the Impact or Crown. The Dreamline’s air cylinder version has a totally different regulator design. Yes, I agree with backing out the regulator pressure adjustment screw too far is a definite safety hazard, but it happening at 160 bar, IDK about that one. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Joekool, I haven't touched the gun since Monday morning to check the pressure, which was zero. I think it could be a number of things that happened. May be trash in the fill fitting, the reg screw oring blown or the hammer valve is leaking. I wouldn't think that would be the case. As I only have about 450 rounds through the gun. I'm going to screw the amp regulator screw back in some, check the the fill fitting valve to make sure it doesn't have some trash in it, and air it up again and listen for an air leak.

Joe is correct-- the AMP regulator in the Dreamlines is a different version than the Crown/Impact, and the warning not to exceed pressure in the Dreamline manual is 160 bar, as opposed to 150. One would expect a few percent over the stated limit would not necessarily be an issue, but pushing the limits can affect reliability.

If you didn't get an owner's manual, they are available online at fxairguns.com/support/.

Joe you are just too Kool for words! 😁

Love what you have accomplished with your Dreamline and am in awe of the great job you did on your Crown...not to mention the time you took to put together the pictures and explanations for your presentations. Thanks for sharing both of these mods with the world at large. Here is an ice cold one for ya bro! 🍺

All the best, Chuck

Joe you are just too Kool for words! 
1f601.svg

Love what you have accomplished with your Dreamline and am in awe of the great job you did on your Crown...not to mention the time you took to put together the pictures and explanations for your presentations. Thanks for sharing both of these mods with the world at large. Here is an ice cold one for ya bro! 
1f37a.svg

All the best, Chuck

🍻 Bottoms up, Chuck!