Tuning Fx Dreamline .22 flyers

Hi guys, I own this dreamline now a few weeks, .22 with plenum and superier liner from factory. For some reason I'm getting a flyer in my 5 shot groups. It's really annoying me. I've shot some one hole groups and then is puts out flyers in the next few groups. Reg guage says 100bar and max hammer sends JSB 18gr at 890fps, not that accurate at that speed, but I've turned it down to 5 and groups better but with this one or 2 pellets doing their own thing. 

Any ideas what to looks for

All groups are 50yrds flat calm, no wind

download.png
Screenshot_20210308-082757_Gallery.1615206262.jpg

Sounds like you are in the right velocity range, but, your tune might not be optimum. Have you done a chrono run to check consistency? I would remove and clean the liner thoroughly. I agree that your groups could be better, but, flyers at 50 yards should be expected, not wild flyers, but enough to open an otherwise good group. 

If you want 1 hole at 50 yards accuracy you need to inspect, sort, wash and lube the pellets before you check the gun. As other have said try mid 800 FPS also, jsb 18 grain is best at around 850fps from many peoples experience. 

how long is your barrel? If you have 500mm barrel you need to up the regulator and reduce hammer spring, you most likely have the valve open too long so turbulence will throw flyers especially if the skirt isn’t perfect. 

I did run over the chrono but only 10 shots. If your saying I might not have the optimal tune should I run a shot string while adjusting the hammer spring tension screw until I get a tight ES and SD?? Is this how I fine tune?

That's basically what I meant, and qball has added some valid information in his response. Your focus is not solely on a small ES, although that is certainly part of it. Two different combinations of reg set point and HST may yield the same ES, but one may produce fewer flyers. If you are at or very near max spring tension, I would take qball's suggestion. Lastly, have reasonable expectations, and consistent, one-hole 50 yard accuracy isn't within that definition. 

If you want 1 hole at 50 yards accuracy you need to inspect, sort, wash and lube the pellets before you check the gun. As other have said try mid 800 FPS also, jsb 18 grain is best at around 850fps from many peoples experience. 

how long is your barrel? If you have 500mm barrel you need to up the regulator and reduce hammer spring, you most likely have the valve open too long so turbulence will throw flyers especially if the skirt isn’t perfect. 

Or look for the OLD Tins of JSBs that were like match grade in the gray labels.

I would try a different lot # of JSB pellets b4 gping through the trouble of sorting them.

Too bad you guys can't make your own perfect match grade pellets to eliminate accuracy issuses frustrating this.

The manufacture source and delivery isn't reliable for me to recommend.

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. These groups were last week, so maybe it's my shooting and change in conditions. I will move around the reg and reset the hammer. It set from factory , I don't know how much is left on it but as said above, if the gun is at 100bar (That's what the guage reads, but how accurate is the guage) then I suppose the hammer spring is fairly well tensioned. I know I have 16mm between hammer tension block and action. 

download.png
IMG-20210301-WA0033.1615231982.jpeg

Some of us (maybe me) are missing something here. The 50 yard groups in the picture show a couple that are probably under quarter inch, and all well under half inch. So, what's with the recommendations for improvement? Are there that many folks out there that routinely shoot quarter inch groups at 50 yards. I'm no champion, but I've been playing with this stuff a long time. Contrary to claims, I've never seen any rifle/shooter combination that can consistently shoot quarter inch, 50 yard groups. 

I didn't even notice the pictures until now.. Those are good groups at 50 yards.. Idk if that is considered flyers or just shooting. I mean I've keyholed a couple of shots at 50 but sometimes ill get that "bigger triangle" shot group just cause I'm staring too hard. Maybe shoot your 3 first. Take a breath, close your eyes, find your natural point of aim, move if necessary then shoot your 2nd "string" .. another thing is to try single loading like I mentioned before a pellet could be getting grabbed by the magazine or not seated properly, overall that's a great group. 

Some of us (maybe me) are missing something here. The 50 yard groups in the picture show a couple that are probably under quarter inch, and all well under half inch. So, what's with the recommendations for improvement? Are there that many folks out there that routinely shoot quarter inch groups at 50 yards. I'm no champion, but I've been playing with this stuff a long time. Contrary to claims, I've never seen any rifle/shooter combination that can consistently shoot quarter inch, 50 yard groups.

I can't do it regularly, always wind or operator error