• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline .22 cal. lost lot of speed

i am having a problem with my Dreamline .22 cal. I have tried everything i know of to get my ft. per second up where it belongs which is around 880fps. I cannot even get it pass 670fps. Power wheel is wide open--- hammer spring maxed out=== so i backed out 1 1/2 turns. Then i added washers behind spring which did absolutely nothing. I will take all the help i can get. I am all ears. Thanks in advance

everything is factory set. i never moved anything but hammer spring and that was just lately. the reg. is set @ 125 bar. always shot well at 125 bar. It use to shoot 890fps just like it was but don't know what's going on now. viperjoe, i forgot to mention one other problem which is important but i'd rather fix the speed first. Every so often when i go to cock the gun it want finish cocking. So i push the lever back into the breech than i pull the trigger just a little than the gun will cock. have you ever come across something like that?

Last edited:
Reactions: spinj
i wll wait till you can get back to me. how can i tell if the dial on the transfer port slip? all i can see as for as the dial it is right in the center of the little dials marks or notches.
See if the knob is loose. It may not be turning the transfer port, just spinning the knob. Otherwise, you’ve got a broken hammer spring, or partial valve lock due to reg pressure being too high, but with the hammer maxed out, I don’t see that being the culprit without a broken hammer spring. That’s why I’d check the transfer port first.

do i have to de-gas all the air to take the power wheel apart. i'd like to see if it's clean also and maybe put a little silicon grease on the ball bearing and spring. so you think my hammer spring is broken? when i put washers behind the hammer spring earlier today i didn't notice the hammer spring broken' but will check it again. i will update you later and you can get back to me if you don't mind. thank you

See if the knob is loose. It may not be turning the transfer port, just spinning the knob. Otherwise, you’ve got a broken hammer spring, or partial valve lock due to reg pressure being too high, but with the hammer maxed out, I don’t see that being the culprit without a broken hammer spring. That’s why I’d check the transfer port first.
knob is pretty snug checked hammer spring again all good. but tomorrow i will take the transfer port knob off. i'll get back to you thanks

If it was shooting fine and now it is not but you didn’t change anything something is wrong. I would stop adjusting.

Did the sound of the rifle change, louder or quieter? Possible you have a popped oring in the breech?

The gauge on the regulator of my dream was garbage and not accurate at all. Is possible the reg has failed? This would send full pressure to the valve and cause a velocity drop.

Also is the new lower speed consistent? Does it change if you take a few shots and then let it sit 5-10 minutes?

Give the tube a clockwise twist and make sure it is bottomed out. I doubt it is this but if you ran the gun to empty it is possible you accidentally backed the tube off slightly.

Last edited:
I have 2 streamlines which are a very similar gun. The transfer port wheel can get bumped slightly off from where it is supposed to be seated for any given power wheel setting which will cause restriction which will cause low velocity. Sounds like what it is to me. Try rotating it back and forth and make sure it settles into the detent right where high power is. Maybe the hammer spring is broken or tweaked possibly if the above doesn’t fix it? 125 bar isn’t that high of a reg pressure. The stock hammer and spring should drive the valve sufficiently at that pressure unless something is wrong with them.

Reactions: madeintheuk
Try setting the tp wheel to a lower setting. If you velocity increases, that’s an indication that you need a heavier hammer. Your current or factory hammer is too light to open the valve.
i will try that tomorrow. i just finished blue lock tite and it says to wait 24 hours. also, don't know if you had read my earlier form that it was shooting @ 865fps, but it just quit just like that.

Have you checked to see if the rear breech o-ring is missing? If you place a tissue over the breech without a magazine in place you shouldn't be getting any blowback that would make the tissue jump upon firing. If everything else is working properly it could be as simple as a blown breech seal o-ring.
i put a new breech seal day before yesterday but all i had was a buna 90 it's the harder seal, and when i finished installing it i did the tissue thing and it still blew it off at the breech but not as bad. that's another thing that is bugging me. i have some buna 70 coming in tomorrow or day after. i will try a new buna 70 and see what happens.

I have 2 streamlines which are a very similar gun. The transfer port wheel can get bumped slightly off from where it is supposed to be seated for any given power wheel setting which will cause restriction which will cause low velocity. Sounds like what it is to me. Try rotating it back and forth and make sure it settles into the detent right where high power is. Maybe the hammer spring is broken or tweaked possibly if the above doesn’t fix it? 125 bar isn’t that high of a reg pressure. The stock hammer and spring should drive the valve sufficiently at that pressure unless something is wrong with them.
i am going to take the transfer port wheel off
If it was shooting fine and now it is not but you didn’t change anything something is wrong. I would stop adjusting.

Did the sound of the rifle change, louder or quieter? Possible you have a popped oring in the breech?

The gauge on the regulator of my dream was garbage and not accurate at all. Is possible the reg has failed? This would send full pressure to the valve and cause a velocity drop.

Also is the new lower speed consistent? Does it change if you take a few shots and then let it sit 5-10 minutes?

Give the tube a clockwise twist and make sure it is bottomed out. I doubt it is this but if you ran the gun to empty it is possible you accidentally backed the tube off slightly.
the sound is quiter since the speed has dropped. but isn't that the norm. plus the lower speed is consistent i was also thinking that the reg. might be bad. that idea came across my mind several times.
today and go over it. i will let you all know if it was in the right place or not.