• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX dreamline .22 accuracy issue, barrel need to settle down?

FX dreamline .22 500mm barrel, JSB 18.13gr, 600 fps low power at home.

Hi guys, I just shot some pellets after work, distance is 11 yds, as you can see in the photo below, the left group is my first 5 shots, the POI moved from up left to the bullseye gradually. The group on the right is I aimming for the digit 8, 5 shots, absolutely one hole.

I understand sometimes the reg need to settle down after a period if the gun is not fired, so I took a few dry fire before shooting, and I could see from the reg gauge that the reg pressure was good and stable. Last night this gun was a tack drvier just like today's second group. I have shot 2000+ pellets through this gun, did not notice this accuracy issue before.

So what do you think the problem is? Does barrel need to settle down as well? 

1586190977_12912385325e8b5a81053dd9.23528473.jpg

When's the last time you cleaned the barrel? Try single loading the pellets also.

Thank you. I cleaned the barrel few days ago, maybe less than 250 pellets.

When you say single loading do you mean that the magzine may deform the pellets? But I did not see any pellet deformation.

Yes, just to eliminate the possibility. There was a recent thread on this. Low power setting with the mag causing flyers. Give it a try.

When's the last time you cleaned the barrel? Try single loading the pellets also.

Thank you. I cleaned the barrel few days ago, maybe less than 250 pellets.

When you say single loading do you mean that the magzine may deform the pellets? But I did not see any pellet deformation.

Yes, just to eliminate the possibility. There was a recent thread on this. Low power setting with the mag causing flyers. Give it a try.

Yes, I've noticed low fps cause more flyers,accuracy is more sensitive to distractions.