FX Dream Tactical Short Barrel Kit Information

Hi Guys,

Looking for some info , is there a short barrel kit ( 380mm or 320mm ) for the Dream Tactical that will play well with the 480cc Carbon Bottle conversion ?

Mine is currently set up as .25 with a 600mm barrel, add the donny fl Sumo and the damn thing is a country mile long.. kind of a pita for hunting..

Any info is appreciated since i can not get a straight answer from dealers and fx.. they contradict each other as usual..

Thanks !

Hi Guys,

Looking for some info , is there a short barrel kit ( 380mm or 320mm ) for the Dream Tactical that will play well with the 480cc Carbon Bottle conversion ?

Mine is currently set up as .25 with a 600mm barrel, add the donny fl Sumo and the damn thing is a country mile long.. kind of a pita for hunting..

Any info is appreciated since i can not get a straight answer from dealers and fx.. they contradict each other as usual..

Thanks !

The fellows here have found many ways to skin a cat ((No cats were harmed in the process of typing this quote haha )) lol.

alot of examples throughout this recent posting

I recently as in yesterday saw one in stock at palm beach that was .22 300 mm . As long as you have the drop down bottle / reg combo thingy I know it will work . I also installed a regular impact barrel on my fx dreamline compact as well just to test the fps increase with a longer barrel length and then screwed in a 480 cc tank as well . It can and has been done alot as we all seem to enjoy very similar things as a whole. 👍

I hope this helps in some way 👌

Scott in NC 😁

1591738065_12229413095edffed11a1c86.80534082.jpg

This is FlGunners setup from the link in the posting around the end. He has a very nice lego setup that makes all of us smile. I believe he researched and put all of this together his self and it turned out really nice I think.

Scott in NC😁

To answer the OP's question, the short Dream-Tac Compact barrels won't work with the FX 480CC Tank, the diameter is too large. The 320mm .22 barrel and 380mm .25 barrels have a larger diameter shroud than the 500mm .22 and 600mm .25 barrels that are on the Dream-Tac with the bottle/tank. If you have a Dream-Tac with the 480cc bottle, you will need a smaller diameter tank like the 220cc or 300cc CF tank from Best Fittings. I have the 300cc Best Fittings Tank with the FX Valve on mine pictured above. Also, the 380mm .25 Barrel from the Crown Continuum will work on the Dream-Tac Compact and the Crown Magazines also work in the Dreamline rifles. I have a Continuum in .25, so I just ordered the .25 Dreamline Bolt Probe, and will be able to swap to .25 also. Love the Lego versatility of these Dreamline rifles!

1591753233_5980181095ee03a111693b2.36520982.jpg

Reactions: mdeguzman
To answer the OP's question, the short Dream-Tac Compact barrels won't work with the FX 480CC Tank, the diameter is too large. The 320mm .22 barrel and 380mm .25 barrels have a larger diameter shroud than the 500mm .22 and 600mm .25 barrels that are on the Dream-Tac with the bottle/tank. If you have a Dream-Tac with the 480cc bottle, you will need a smaller diameter tank like the 220cc or 300cc CF tank from Best Fittings. I have the 300cc Best Fittings Tank with the FX Valve on mine pictured above. Also, the 380mm .25 Barrel from the Crown Continuum will work on the Dream-Tac Compact and the Crown Magazines also work in the Dreamline rifles. I have a Continuum in .25, so I just ordered the .25 Dreamline Bolt Probe, and will be able to swap to .25 also. Love the Lego versatility of these Dreamline rifles!

View attachment 94348
Do you know of a US dealer for Best fittings 300cc bottle?

No I don''t, but Best Fittings ships faster than some US based vendors! Also, when I wrote this, the compact barrels had the larger diameter shroud, now they don't. So, if the end of the barrel clears the end of the 480cc tank, they should work, if not FX has a shorter 300cc tank that's the same diamerter as the 480cc tank and it works witht he newer compact barrels.