FX DREAM TACT COMPACT TURKEY HUNT🦃

It’s been a roller coaster few days for sure. So this morning I head out to a location I’ve seen birds and failed attempts with decapitating shots. So switching out to a standard broad head. After sighting it in. My confidence is high. 
We had some weather move in last night but was calm and overcast. 
Setting up and hour before dawn I waited. No calling. Just waiting. 
Not a sound to be heard anywhere. 
Knowing birds are in the area I sit tight. After a while a lone hen appears and feeds in the open field. 
For almost an hour I watched her do what turkey do. She paid no attention to my decoys at all. Then a strange thing happened. She bolted! And I mean hot foot !Right towards me then hid in some brush. I quickly scanned the field looking for a coyote. Then at the top of the field two big toms appeared along with 2 hens. Never witnessed such a thing. Why did she not want anything to do with that group is strange to me. Then it started. It was a foot race to my set up. As they approach the center of the field where she was hiding. She scooted back around the bush to avoid being seen. The two big toms with hens in tow are still coming on strong and only pausing just a bit as they get closer to cop a strut then proceed my way. 
So there they are at 12 yards strutting. Now after my last few days events I was not interested in a long show. One presented himself straight facing me. I held on the V 
on his breast. I take up the slack on the first stage. I’m holding steady against the second stage. Then I let it fly! Perfect shot? I can’t see the arrow as he is still standing as he walks in circles. I’m like WTF! Over?
Then he stumbled forward and done! My first harvest with my new FX Compact Tact with an arrow kit
The arrow buried itself straight through with just the fletching barely showing at the beard and the arrow head sticking out his arse😉
Nice ending to a beautifull morning while self quarantined. Who needs a grocery store🦃
1586369086_21447490475e8e123eba96c2.53031912.jpeg
1586369086_17117132935e8e123ed96b71.63827203.jpeg
1586369087_7416247625e8e123f076660.63561568.jpeg

Nice looking Tom you got there. Thanks for sharing.

I can't wait until opening day Saturday. I always go with my uncles and cousin. This year, we will just not go to the same blind together or stalk together, but will instead hit up different areas of the farm. It won't be the same not being able to spend the family time like we normally would, but it will great to get out there and talk to those birds. Considering taking my airgun for the first time. I may get one with the shotgun first, just to be safe, but I am considering the airgun.Â