FX Dream Tac, .25 and .30, not enough power for these calibers...???

Ken - specs are at 2:37 into the video. At about 5:30 he talks about the gun and his proving the point that the gun works in .30. Magazine and a half on the tube air reservoir, bottle would be better for 30 cal. No mention of any upgrades, except the chassis (it's an expensive chassis). Internals appear to be stock. Only drives a .30 to 840 fps, Impact could do more, but very accurate. Looks like energy is just shy of 70 fpe. Not as powerful as an Impact, but seems to hold it's own.

@Saltlake58; I watched the video a couple times, I don't see any specs for regulator pressure given or hammer spring tension measurements given, the video seems more about showing off an aftermarket chassis... The regulator pressure and hammer spring tension is the data that's needed...

After tuning my Dream Tac I was able to achieve 900+ FPS in 25, but I was using much different settings than anyone suggested or not even close to the settings any of my other FX rifles use to get the same results, I don't dispute the Dream Tac has enough power, in fact I think the Dream Tac may be more efficient in achieving the same results as my Crown in 25...

I'm very interested in determining the true regulator pressure and hammer spring tension measurement, I'd like to know what kind of performance my FX Dream Tac is capable of in stock form before doing any modifications to it... I'm going to get my air tanks filled today and hope to do some more chronograph testing and tweaking this weekend... I gotta be here to sign for a new rifle, I will follow up with my results and post some real chronograph strings...

Ken

Ken - when you say, Stock Standard, I assumed you were talking about any additional parts to give it more power. So, I think we just have a different definition of Stock Standard. There's nothing added to the gun, but it is probably adjusted to a higher reg pressure, with matching hammer tension as you suspect. You are correct, not in the video.

The video does tell me that the gun has enough power, when appropriately adjusted, to shoot 30 cal pellets.

For the air difference per shot, PA site says a dreamline in .22 gets about 60 shots per fill at 32 fpe. Maybe a touch less in real life. The same dreamline in .25 is rated for about 30 shots per fill at 48 fpe, and the .30 gets 35 shots at 58 fpe. The difference between 25 and 30 doesn't make any sense to me, so can't explain that one.

For UA to be getting about 70 FPE, they've really upped the reg and hammer spring. The shot count dropped from the rated 35 to about 20 according to the video.

While it's no Impact MKII, it does work.

I think everyone is missing that I agree with the Dreamline having enough power... What I disagree with is the higher regulator pressures thought to be needed, my experience has been exactly the opposite, my Dream Tac, really kicks ass at 115-120 BAR, no more, JSB .25/ 25.39s at 900+ fps, as soon as I increase the regulator pressure above 120 BAR, I adjusted the regulator all the way past 150 BAR in testing, the speed drops off dramatically to approx 850ish and repeatable, no matter what hammer spring tension, I tested enough to burn through 700-1000 pellets and all three of my air tanks... I have to say at 850-860 FPS it was very accurate out to 50 yards... I need to stretch it to 100 yards again before winter locks me down...

I will also mention my FX Dream Tac has functioned flawlessly, the cocking action is very smooth, caliber swaps are incredibly easy, adjustments are easy and the rifle responds to adjustments as it should, no leaks, no issues... Knock on wood...

I just got back from getting all my air tanks filled and plan to do some chrono strings with my Dream Tac tomorrow...

Ken

I am jealous that you'll be shooting, family obligations have me locked down for a week or two before I can get out. Even then, compressor parts that need to be installed just arrived, so that'll slow me down a bit more. Also curious about the strings you'll be recording shortly. Keep us posted on the consistency.

I get what you mean. I am on the verge of a new gun, and have that age old decision, what do I buy? so I'm really curious how he got the 44 grain pellets to 840fps. I just called and was told by UA, the reg was set at around 150 bar and the hammer spring had almost no play in it. Set to max to make it work. Your suspicions were correct that it had been ramped up.

Old thread, I am dealing with the same as Ken.
Main defining factors between crown, and "up" the line is valve size. They are not going to give you the same power levels in their budget lineup, if you find the valve sizes, you will notice they increase up the lineup. 
I would imagine that by now you've added power plenum. I was dissatisfied being stuck @ 850 fps .25 cal 34 grain jsb the gun performed best @ 110-120 bar I could get a little more, but running the gun with every little bit it has blows deviation, and the gun is not happy. My goal was 880 fps, I changed hammer spring huma, and added second plenum and got just that. 
Hammer spring setup is internal neutral (just starts to move adjuster on minimum), and 5-5.5 external hammer spring, regulator @ 110 bar = 880 fps, 33.95 jsb, 58 fpe.
Haven't shot the 25 grains with second plenum, but prior setup at 930 fps.

I see a Maverick in my future, as I would like to shoot slugs in 25 cal, and the valve size of the dreamline just wont do it. But for shooting pellets heavy or lite, this thing is lights out upto 100 yards. 
Be well all

Chuck

Hey Ken,
I ride a black bagger myself, a 2016 Road Glide.

Looks like we're in the same boat, trying to get slug velocities out of our dreamline .25's.
I had two goals, shoot 34gr jsb @ 880, and shoot 28gr or larger at more than 910 fps.

I found some of the same things that you have, reg pressure likes 110-120 bar, and anything more the velocity drops, even with hammer spring maxed.
The things I've done so far are returned internal hammer spring to neutral position, added Huma hammer spring, which got me to 850 fps and the gun shooting nicely, but only shooting 28 gr slugs at 875-880 fps.
I just added a second power plenum, that brought the 34gr JSB up to 880 fps. 
I also found and sent for quote at fx usa the heavier hammer, I think this will be the key. I will return here when I get this installed. apparently there are 3 weights, 7, 11, and 13 grams, I weighed mine and it is 11 grams. The 30 cal comes with the 13 gram hammer weight.
I've read about valve seat diameter sizes, this is the difference between the dreamline and the other guns, and our limiting factor. Dreamline valve seat is 5.5mm, the crown and impact are 6.3, that is a huge difference of air flow capability.
I am going to continue this journey, I think I will end up with a maverick to shoot slugs, and tune the dreamline for 34gr jsb, which shoot crazy good at 100 yards, but get blown in the wind more than slugs.

Regards
Chuck

FX hammer.1634056019.jpg