• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dream Line Lite vs FX Wild Cat 25 Cal for first PCP

Just getting into the Air Rifle game, and started with the Gamo Swam 22cal, and I enjoy it, but I am ready to step my game up, and from the little research I've done it seems that I should skip the $300 - $800 Range, and I have my eyes for my first PC to be either the FX Dream line or Wild Cat model 25 cal

this will be my intent

The majority of the time will be back yard plinking that needs to be neighborhood quiet friendly 

Taking out Varmint in the back yard , My girlfriend has two ankle biter dogs, and I don't want them to get in a scuffle with a Possum or Racoon when we let them out in the back to use the bath room at night.

I live on the Treasure Coast of Florida and if and when the opportunity to go Iguana Hunting or Hunting Wild Hogs by taking them out by head shots comes up, I want my first PCP to be able to do all of the above.

From what I've researched, I really like how the Dream Line Platform has so many options to upgrade and to change out, but it might be missing that extra power for Possums, and Hogs by Head Shots.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to wimpanzee, I have the MK3 Sniper in .25. I have several other PCPs in .22 and .25. They sit in the safes now. After starting out with A Disco and Marauder, wish I would have went right to the Wildcat. Instead I went through several other low to mid grade, price rifles and pups. But it was a great learning experience. Deep rabbit hole for sure. I have to admit, the Marauder in .25 was the most fun I had modifying a PCP. I have enough $ in that rifle to buy 2 Wildcats and then some. 

Thank you all for the advice,

I ended up with a FX Dreamline Lite 30 cal, I would have preferred a 22 cal, for back yard plinking, but due to current availability I grabbed the 30 cal, I do plan on getting the 22 cal conversion, in the near future and than use the 30 cal more for hunting Iguanas and Hogs, I must say that so far I am extremely happy with the Dreamline.