• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX deserves it's props!!!!

Anyone who has read any of my post know I have been giving FX a hard time. Now, I still don't like the fact that FX chose to make the US version with the shorter shroud. With that being said, my .22 wildcat is by far the most accurate air rifle I have ever shot. Now, my comparisons are limited, but from my Caldwell solo on a solid bench, I can stack pellet after pellet on top of each other at 50 yards. Now, I know a gun rest is not real world, but I had a chance to test it today. This gun is far more accurate than I am.
On a bipod, about 1.5" at 50 yard. Yeah im working on it, i can see my heartbeat on the cross hairs. On the rest, well it just blew me and my friend away. 18.13 JSB's would just stack and stack and stack. Take away 3 flyers, no sorting bent skirts and all, 13 pellets went into a hole that measured at .6".

I know that there are other accurate guns out there and even more so. But I am very pleased with my rifle. I have no trigger issues and the only mods I done are:

1- Neil Clague LDC... don't know if it helps accuracy, but it damn sure doesn't hurt it.

2- smooth the sharp edge off the indexing arm.

Just wanted to share. Maybe I'm just lucky that this rifle is up to perfect specs.

I'll take luck then.

I expected the accuracy as a given at the price, especially since I was already impressed with my marauder. The FX feature I most appreciate is the butter smooth near one finger action of the cocking lever on my Verminator. I've seen videos on other brands where the user is yanking on the cocking mechanism to work it. My marauder is stiffer and maybe that has to do with the price point. Relative to price its a good gun. I also love the trigger on my Vermy. Mine is rotated slightly to the right. I really like that it can be so easily positioned for each individual with height and rotation. I would like to hear if the features get even better with more expensive guns. 

My Wildcat .22 is not as accurate as my .22 Cricket BP or AirWolf. I shoot the 18.13 JSB through all of them. Maybe my Wildcat doesn't like this pellet as much as the other two? With that being said the Wildcat is so much fun because it's so light and handles so well compared to the other two. Despite the fact that it does not have the same accuracy it's good enough and I shoot it the most because it is so fun. I'm obviously not sold on the ST barell at this point. Maybe someone can post what pellet they use?

I just traded my Vulcan.25 for a Wildcat.25 and so far this gun is awesome. It already had the indexing arm smoothed out so no problems there and the cocking is so effortless and smooth plus it's so light and easy to shoulder. I love the tactical look and the soft touch stock. I'll be posting more on the accuracy when my dovetail to weaver mount arrives so I can mount my AEON 6x24x50 trajectory scope. I mounted my bipod using the FX air tube clamp that has a swing swivel stud at the bottom which allows me to use my bipod without drilling into the stock. I'll be ordering extra mags and a the mag holder soon. My Vulcan was an awesome gun but I was so anxious to try the Wildcat I ended up trading but when my finances are a little better in the future I'll buy another Vulcan. Here's a pic of the new Wildcat.25.

I have a 25 Wildcat I bought Christmas 2015. I am continually amazed by the accuracy. JSB heavy mkIIs literally shooting thumb tacks at 80 yds. 165 yd starling shots ...oh my. Chair gun is an amazing tool. I did have to clean mine thoroughly, however, it (the barrel) was nasty when I got it. Lumps and chunks in the rifling- all 1.5"s of rifling ST goodness. The Swedes have it figured out me thinks. I did the same thing mounting my bipod it works just fine. I have a big Hawke 6x24x 56 scope on mine , which I use 12X . Such a good scope. I went straight for the FX no limit rings. I dont know If its overkill.but its a beautiful sight picture.
If it wasn't polygamy I would marry my Wildcat. There I said it :)

I have only owned one FX gun, that was a Verminator, it was one of the best guns I have owned so far, the quality was excellent and so was the accuracy. I do tend to favor Air Arms guns as I am a Brit and have had them for many, many years and love them, but from an owner, the FX is right up there with the best I have owned, no complaints about their guns from me, Neil.

So far I'm loving my Wildcat.25 I took it out today and it's just stacking pellet on pellet effortlessly. I've done a small tune to it by adjusting the trigger to shorten the first stage and lighten the second and eliminated the creep after the break also filed and polished the indexing arm to avoid scratches to the magazine and allow for smoother indexing and I also adjusted the safety to allow the gun to be put on safe wether the gun is cocked or not and I then smoothed out the fill port entrance because they were super sharp and nicking my fill probe o-rings. Also drilled and threaded 4 small holes on top of the dovetail rail and installed a weaver rail and it turned out really nice. I'll probably eventually buy the actual Wildcat weaver rail but their out of stock at the moment. I just bought 2 spare mags and the mag holder that fits into the back of the stock from one of the members here who was kind enough to sell me these items at a fair price so thank you to boombots for that and also a big thank you to Ernest Rowe for your great tuning knowledge and YouTube videos because I wouldn't have had the courage to attempt any of these mods without your expertise and thanks again for the help with the o-rings you are too kind.  Here's a picture of the weaver rail I installed. And below is a picture of the mag holder I just bought  and finally a picture of my pumpkin zeroing the scope for Daddy

"Keith2324"
"NeilClague" I do tend to favor Air Arms guns as I am a Brit
I knew there was something different about you. Born in Cardiff myself! 

Keith
Keith if that was only the first time I had heard that said about me, even my own family says that there is something really different about me, lol Been to Wales a few times, not sure about the spelling but I did go to a National Eisteddfod over in Cardiff when I was younger, I am sure the spelling is a mile off but also just as sure you will know what it is! All the best, Neil.