• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX Cutlass

Well I have done gone and did it. I have been looking for a mid-power 22 pellet shooter. I wanted a fairly light weight easy to handle woods walker type gun.
I was at the air gun store and spotted a rather nice looking wood stocked gun and right off the bat it appealed to me.
I picked it up and the tag read “FX Cutlass” I knew nothing of the gun but the ergonomics were pleasing, the wood stock screamed at my nostalgic side. The price looked fairly reasonable and the condition was very good.
Sell it to me. I forewent the twisting of my arm, coming on the forum and asking why I should not buy it and any other feint indicating I was showing resistance. Nope, I was smitten. I took it to the shop’s range with the included miserable scope. What I found was a pretty accurate gun with an amazing trigger. It will be coming home tomorrow with some new glass and a decent set of rings.
I have thousands of JSB 18.13’s that have been waiting for a proper dispenser and I think I found it.
The issue I am having is there is very slim information available for this gun. I get that it is older and not a “fashionable” FX any more but two videos on YT and 2 posts here on the forum is all I have turned up.
Hoping a member here has one or had one long enough to share their opinions and thoughts on the gun.
Did I gamble? Yeah probably but the thing just spoke to me and recalling some posts here from members with the older FX guns convinced e to give it a chance.
Maybe it was the funky spring assisted lever close that got me?

Reactions: Airgun Al
@Chukar60

This from the FX website

FRON Bagnall & Kirkwood UK

This eBay search

The mechanics look very similar to my FX Tarantula

Does any of this look like your Cutlass?

Hope this helps
Edward

PS
It also appears new ones can still be purchased in synthetic

@Chukar60

This from the FX website

FRON Bagnall & Kirkwood UK

This eBay search

The mechanics look very similar to my FX Tarantula

Does any of this look like your Cutlass?

Hope this helps
Edward

PS
It also appears new ones can still be purchased in synthetic

From what I can gather from the sparse information I have been able to find is that it is very similar to the Cyclone. I found one site on the net that alluded to the gun being regulated. I really don’t care if it is or isn’t, but I would like to know.
My Cutlass has a fairly nice walnut Monte Carlo thumb hole stock.
When I get it home tomorrow I will take a few pictures.
I had a lot of fun watching the old YouTube videos from 12 years ago. Man has air gunning changed since then.

I have the Cyclone and my friend have the Cutlass, both .22 and both procured back in 2012
15 and 18 grain JSBs do indeed run well in them.
More or less the same rifle and they do also share the same repair kit.

I am thinking about selling mine, even if looking at prices for a comparable FX rifle brand new today, well i can not get much money for it.

Only selling local cash in hand, so not trying to pitch anything here, even of the are a couple of other Danish shooters on here too.

Slide1.jpeg