FX Fx crown

This is my crown 177 with a 380 barrel. Going to put a 500 mm shroud over it with some internal baffles. Trying to get it ready for field target.
For those of you who are shooting 177 what regulator pressure are you using?

IMG_4382.jpeg

IMG_4383.jpeg

Look at Ernestrowe.com. There should be a video from him stating what pressure to set it at. My Boss HP reg (Huma) is set at 160 bar per Ernest's instructions. I thought it would be too high but everything about it is great! Power, accuracy & shot count has never been better (but that's for .30 cal.)

Reactions: qball and Jimtx200
Hi,
It really depends on what pellet you plan to shoot. I have a 380mm Crown MkII in .177 as my backup Hunter Class FT rig (the primary is a Crown MkII in .177 with a 500mm barrel). I found the 500mm barrel to be just a bit more accurate and consistent. I used JSB 13.4 gr Monsters (old style - trash can shape). I shoot them around 815 fps. To get that on the 380mm barrel I have the reg at 115 bar, the IHS at 4.25mm, the transfer port wheel on Medium and the Power Wheel on 14. This gives me an ES of 10 and an SD of 3.

I have also shot the JSB 10.3 gr at 920 fps with the reg at 120 bar, IHS at 4mm, the TP wheel on Medium, and PW on 14. Getting an ES of 7 and an SD of 2.4. I found the scatter with the 10.3's to not be as tight as the 13.4's. But I may have been shooting them too fast. A lot of folks use those pellets exclusively.

This should get you started. Have fun!

Cheers,
Greg

PS - I forgot to add that I put the 12 gr hammer in both rifles. That means that you need to get the Slug Power kit (below) to get the new spring carrier which allows you to add hammer weights. I found that the Huma tuning hammers work really well.

Reactions: Jimtx200
I have a 600 mm barrel on my .177 cal Crown MKII. I'm trying to see how well it will shoot at 100 yards and bring it to an EBR style match. My reg is set at 140 and I'm shooting JSB 13.4 gr KO slugs at 1005 fps on the medium T/P setting and Max minus hammer setting. I could shoot 1040, but that's a bit fast. I'm getting some very promising accuracy results and want to try other slugs.