FX FX Crown

Big shout out to Bigragu and all his help and direction. FX Crown 177cal. 500mm barrel I JB welded a sleeve onto the liner. When you do this the washers will not work Cape Fear 901 has the sleeve and the special washers needed to put in the barrel since the old ones will be too small. I took some pictures of my experience the worst group was 1/1/4" the best was 3/8" which was position F which is where it is going to stay it had one flier about 1/8" from the rest I did try G & H but they were at least an inch or so. Everything was shot at 50 yards. I shot 7 to 9 pellets at each barrel position. JSB 10.3.

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

As a Crown owner, I am confused.
Im satisfied with my Crown, so Ive never even considered a carbon liner.
Are you saying that the indexing of the carbon fiber liner on the barrel, changes accuracy?
Are you saying that the liner was rotated in 8 different posistions, PRIOR to attaching it permantely with J.B. Weld?
So you installed the liner, shot, tested, disassembled, rotated the liner 45 degrees, and then repeated the entire process until you achieved your best group, and then glued the liner to the barrel with JB Weld?

Are you saying that the indexing of the carbon fiber liner on the barrel, changes accuracy?
Are you saying that the liner was rotated in 8 different posistions, PRIOR to attaching it permantely with J.B. Weld?
So you installed the liner, shot, tested, disassembled, rotated the liner 45 degrees, and then repeated the entire process until you achieved your best group, and then glued the liner to the barrel with JB Weld?
The gun was fairly accurate in my opinion not as accurate as it should have been, before this I never tried rotating the barrel I figured for $40 to $50 about what the hell give it a shot. So, I took the barrel out and glued the liner as per bigragu instructions. Then waited 24 hours until it completely cured then put it back together and shot it but i could only due 35 yards due to high winds and my 6' fence shielding me and got it to a 1-hole group 5 shots same hole. Today the wind laxed so i could shoot .Now I have a barrel band also so lay the gun on its side grab the exterior shroud and unscrew it slide the exterior shroud about an inch forward and it gives you access to the nut loosen index the barrel then retighten the nut then push exterior shroud back in place and screw it back together and start over again once you do it takes you longer to shoot 7 or 9 shots than it does to take it apart and index tools needed 15mm wrench for the lock nut Do not readjust your scope my POI moved 6 or 7 inches when you find the most accurate position then move your scope it really surprised me if you still confused I will post a picture its very easy

The gun was fairly accurate in my opinion not as accurate as it should have been, before this I never tried rotating the barrel I figured for $40 to $50 about what the hell give it a shot. So, I took the barrel out and glued the liner as per bigragu instructions. Then waited 24 hours until it completely cured then put it back together and shot it but i could only due 35 yards due to high winds and my 6' fence shielding me and got it to a 1-hole group 5 shots same hole. Today the wind laxed so i could shoot .Now I have a barrel band also so lay the gun on its side grab the exterior shroud and unscrew it slide the exterior shroud about an inch forward and it gives you access to the nut loosen index the barrel then retighten the nut then push exterior shroud back in place and screw it back together and start over again once you do it takes you longer to shoot 7 or 9 shots than it does to take it apart and index tools needed 15mm wrench for the lock nut Do not readjust your scope my POI moved 6 or 7 inches when you find the most accurate position then move your scope it really surprised me if you still confused I will post a picture its very easy
Got it!

Because of the harmonics every time i rotated that barrel it changes the POI and the accuracy at one point it was shooting 12mildots to the right and 8 mildots down move it another 1/8 turn and it was someplace different and so on and so on even if you don't want to sleeve it trying indexing only take a little time and a Sharpe to mark the barrel, so you know what position it's in

Because of the harmonics every time i rotated that barrel it changes the POI and the accuracy at one point it was shooting 12mildots to the right and 8 mildots down move it another 1/8 turn and it was someplace different and so on and so on even if you don't want to sleeve it trying indexing only take a little time and a Sharpe to mark the barrel, so you know what position it's in
Ive been very happy with my Crown, but always keeping an eye open for improvements!
Thanks!

Big shout out to Bigragu and all his help and direction. FX Crown 177cal. 500mm barrel I JB welded a sleeve onto the liner. When you do this the washers will not work Cape Fear 901 has the sleeve and the special washers needed to put in the barrel since the old ones will be too small. I took some pictures of my experience the worst group was 1/1/4" the best was 3/8" which was position F which is where it is going to stay it had one flier about 1/8" from the rest I did try G & H but they were at least an inch or so. Everything was shot at 50 yards. I shot 7 to 9 pellets at each barrel position. JSB 10.3.

View attachment 453001View attachment 453002View attachment 453003
Is this a MK1 or MK2?

I have 30 caliber 600mm barrel MK2, also had issue with accuracy, one day I took liner out and rolled it on the glass and that thing had 1/8 bow in the middle, would not roll at all, LOL. So, I purchased CF tube on the ebay, 2MM think wall (I wish I got 2.5MM wall) Installed it, no epoxy, just tight fit over the liner, and this thing shoot 10 slugs in to one hole at 40 yards, solid improvement. So point I was trying to make, liners are now 100% straight, thats why accuracy not best