I have 5 FX guns acquired in this order Streamline, Dreamline Classic, Royale 500 Royale 400 Crown MK II only the Dreamline was purchased new but they all "look" new and shoot great. One is not really "better" than they other but I like the Crown the best (500mm .22 BPL stock) if you forced me to choose. I just enjoy each one for what it is (I have Aeron stocks for all of them except the Crown) and feel very lucky to have such a nice collection. I shoot LH so the impact and wildcat were never a consideration for me and I don't like the bullpup format myself I like "long" guns and a traditional feel. PIck the format you feel is right for you you can't really go wrong with what ever you choose.
The BPL is a nice stock. Good for you.

The BPL is a nice stock. Good for you.
Thanks I got lucky and found it at a great price. I am a sucker for the BPL stocks!

Crown Alpha.jpeg

Reactions: rigbymauser
Better is another term that needs to be defined. Impacts give you more tuning options, thus you can make finer adjustments. I own a Crown, and recently bought an Impact. Both are excellent rifles. Of the two I'd say the Crown is easier to tune, simply due to having less options. Which you choose all depends on how you plan to use it and personal preference.
So why is it that you have to get out the screwdrivers and allen wrenches every time you go shooting. I have or have had, 7 different FX rifles. Once I set them up to shoot how I want it, it never gets touched again. I'm a shooter, not a tinkerer.

Reactions: MEC17670
So why is it that you have to get out the screwdrivers and allen wrenches every time you go shooting. I have or have had, 7 different FX rifles. Once I set them up to shoot how I want it, it never gets touched again. I'm a shooter, not a tinkerer.
Where did I say I have to get out screw drivers and allen wrenches every time I shoot? What are you talking about?

Seems the whole FX glamour is about adjustability. Liners, regulators, hammer weights, springs, blah blah blah. Many guns don't have all these features and shoot very well.
Yes that is true and that is what you are paying for with FX and easy access to order parts and service from their US offices in NC. My Cayden and Kral Super Jumbo shoot just as well but lack all the adjustability and after sales support but that is also why they cost a 1/3 the price. FX has decided to create a "platform"as their niche (just like electronic guns is Daystate's thing) from which you can buy a single action and then configure it in many different ways for difference reasons over time. If that is not your thing however I would probably just buy a Cayden as a new PCP owner and call it a day.

Reactions: qball
Crown and Impact are different, they are each better at different things. I am partial to crown for my back yard and HFT. Impact hands down has MUCH more power for hunting. View attachment 290119
Yes but how many people need that much power really? My Crown is 34 FPE with pellets and almost 40 FPE with slugs already way more power then I need for small game anyway. My friend has his .25 Crown shooting slugs at 60 FPE and yes an Impact can go even higher and great that has the ability but I question how many people really need the kind of power.

Yes but how many people need that much power really? My Crown is 34 FPE with pellets and almost 40 FPE with slugs already way more power then I need for small game anyway. My friend has his .25 Crown shooting slugs at 60 FPE and yes an Impact can go even higher and great that has the ability but I question how many people really need the kind of power.

You my friend is confusing need vs want which are not really related. When is the last time anyone “need” a 50 bmg, or desert eagle……

Personally speaking for hunting purposes the shorter OAL of a bullpup and massive magazine make the impact a much better hunter in more confined spaces at least. Plus you can shoot at lower power and the ability to fine tune is unmatched except maybe the electronic guns from daystate.

Plus the cool fact that fx has all the aftermarket support in bling blang parts we all really don’t need, but like to add as it makes it custom to the individual. I can’t tell you how many times I get “re excited “ to shoot my impact every time I add some kind of part. Heck, swapping it from 30 to 25 cal gets me going, as it’s like getting a new gun, lol.

The wildcat is still my all time favorite, though. I recently swapped in a tungsten hammer weight in mine and boy oh boy!

You my friend is confusing need vs want which are not really related. When is the last time anyone “need” a 50 bmg, or desert eagle……

Personally speaking for hunting purposes the shorter OAL of a bullpup and massive magazine make the impact a much better hunter in more confined spaces at least. Plus you can shoot at lower power and the ability to fine tune is unmatched except maybe the electronic guns from daystate.
No so much what I want, ftlbs just a by product of need. That need being able to buck the wind better. Heavier slug at higher velocity will buck the wind better than lighter slug. I believe this has be illustrated many times by many shooters.

The Crown has 4 things to adjust. These are (1) the Power Wheel, (2) The Transfer Port, (3) the Regulator pressure and (4) the Hammer Spring. Three of the3se can be adjusted without any disassembly of the gun. The Hammer Spring pre-load require the removal of the stock, which is a PITA, since you first have to remove the Power Wheel (DONT LOSE THE LITTLE BALL BEARING!) and the Safety.

The Impact has (1) The Power/Macro Wheel, (2) the Micro Wheel (AKA Hammer Spring Preload) (3) the Second Regulator, (4) the 1st Regulator, (5) The Valve adjuster. All of these are accessible without any disassembly, and, in my experience, give you a finer degree of control over the power levels. This is especially true of the Valve adjuster when compared to the Transfer Port adjustment on the Crown. The3 Impact Micro wheel is also MUCH easier to adjust, and much more repeatable due to the way it is constricted and marked than the Crown Hammer Spring.

Bottom line, theCrown may be "easier" but that's because it simply has less things to adjust.

Like I said, love them both.
Can you swap the Impact valve adjuster into the crown?