The Crown has 4 things to adjust. These are (1) the Power Wheel, (2) The Transfer Port, (3) the Regulator pressure and (4) the Hammer Spring. Three of the3se can be adjusted without any disassembly of the gun. The Hammer Spring pre-load require the removal of the stock, which is a PITA, since you first have to remove the Power Wheel (DONT LOSE THE LITTLE BALL BEARING!) and the Safety.

The Impact has (1) The Power/Macro Wheel, (2) the Micro Wheel (AKA Hammer Spring Preload) (3) the Second Regulator, (4) the 1st Regulator, (5) The Valve adjuster. All of these are accessible without any disassembly, and, in my experience, give you a finer degree of control over the power levels. This is especially true of the Valve adjuster when compared to the Transfer Port adjustment on the Crown. The3 Impact Micro wheel is also MUCH easier to adjust, and much more repeatable due to the way it is constricted and marked than the Crown Hammer Spring.

Bottom line, theCrown may be "easier" but that's because it simply has less things to adjust.

Like I said, love them both.
Thanks for the full answer. I got it. And, as in many situations, "complexity" offers something that "simplicity" may not. S7

Last edited:
Reactions: ChRiSiS
The Impact has a micro-adjuster with the power wheel for fine tuning, on the Crown you have to remove the stock and use an allen wrench. Impacts also have a valve adjuster.
View attachment 284145View attachment 284146
Thank you, H69. I appreciate it. I needed clarification by you and ChriSiS regarding the micro power adjuster vs. the Crown's setup. I have neither gun, but I can quickly see the advantages (ease and precision) of the Impact's configuration. The reason I will go for the Crown is because it is easier to work with overall, and not just in regards to tuning, if I understand what I have watched on YouTube from Dubber, etc. I am simply not a handy guy, and I am on in years a bit. S7

Thank you, H69. I appreciate it. I needed clarification by you and ChriSiS regarding the micro power adjuster vs. the Crown's setup. I have neither gun, but I can quickly see the advantages (ease and precision) of the Impact's configuration. The reason I will go for the Crown is because it is easier to work with overall, and not just in regards to tuning, if I understand what I have watched on YouTube from Dubber, etc. I am simply not a handy guy, and I am on in years a bit. S7
On the Impact the micro-adjuster is a thumb wheel that's accessible without removing the stock. On the Crown, no thumb wheel, you need to remove the stock and use a small allen wrench instead. Bear in mind the micro-adjuster is for small adjustments. I've been shooting my Crown for years and never touched the micro-adjustment; the gun is very accurate.
If you don't like to tinker much and you're not handy, the Crown would suit you better. Up in years? I'm almost 75.

On the Impact the micro-adjuster is a thumb wheel that's accessible without removing the stock. On the Crown, no thumb wheel, you need to remove the stock and use a small allen wrench instead. Bear in mind the micro-adjuster is for small adjustments. I've been shooting my Crown for years and never touched the micro-adjustment; the gun is very accurate.
If you don't like to tinker much and you're not handy, the Crown would suit you better. Up in years? I'm almost 75.
Hey, H69.
Thanks for the extra comment. I got it. It’s good to know that your Crown is spot on without adjusting the hammer internally, and for confirming that the Crown is a better fit for a guy like me.
Wow. Nearing 75, you have me! Good for you.
I just purchased a Crown Continuum MK II from a member, which is slated to arrive in under a week. While it may not be the prettiest stock, I am good from here with the synthetic trim due to its weight and durability, but mostly the former. What stock is your Crown, if you don’t mind me asking? And what make is it? S7

Last edited:
i've had 3 impacts, there gone now......i have 2 mk2 crowns now and there still with me.
one for close up pellet work and the other for long range slug.
both are hunting guns and not used for paper.
Interesting. I assume the Crowns remained because you liked them better. If so, do you mind offering some comment? And what two MK II Crowns do you have, specifically? Thanks. S7

Hey, H69.
Thanks for the extra comment. I got it. It’s good to know that your Crown is spot on without adjusting the hammer internally, and for confirming that the Crown is a better fit for a guy like me.
Wow. Nearing 75, you have me! Good for you.
I just purchased a Crown Continuum MK II from a member, which is slated to arrive in under a week. While it may not be the prettiest stock, I am good from here with the synthetic trim due to its weight and durability, but mostly the former. What stock is your Crown, if you don’t mind me asking? And what make is it? S7
Walnut stock. I bought it used too, that's the way it came. It's been a great gun. The only thing I did was rebuild the regulator, when it started to creep a bit. Other than that, totally trouble free.

Interesting. I assume the Crowns remained because you liked them better. If so, do you mind offering some comment? And what two MK II Crowns do you have, specifically? Thanks. S7
i have a mk2 crown with the 320mm barrel and 300cc bottle for close up work with 18.13 jsb pellets.
and the other mk2 is my long range gun a 600mm barrel with a 580cc bottle using fx hybrids out to and past 100yrds.

both have Ernest rowe's barrel slug ports and barrel tensioning and with proper tuning according to there specific job intended.
pm me if you need any other info.
thanks !!!

Reactions: Jlowe
I too went the path of the crown. I have owned 2 impacts, one in .25, and one in .30. Both are now gone, and I have a crown in walnut stock .22 on order. I currently own the dreamline in .22, and use it for low power work, but I wanted a bench/high power gun for those longer range shots. I think the crown will do nicely.
I also found out I suck at shooting bullpups, and like another member here, the ping in my ear got to me. It doesn’t bother a lot of people, but did me. The dreamline doesn’t do this, and neither will the crown.
Good luck with your continuum. You have the best of both worlds there!

I too went the path of the crown. I have owned 2 impacts, one in .25, and one in .30. Both are now gone, and I have a crown in walnut stock .22 on order. I currently own the dreamline in .22, and use it for low power work, but I wanted a bench/high power gun for those longer range shots. I think the crown will do nicely.
I also found out I suck at shooting bullpups, and like another member here, the ping in my ear got to me. It doesn’t bother a lot of people, but did me. The dreamline doesn’t do this, and neither will the crown.
Good luck with your continuum. You have the best of both worlds there!
This information is very helpful. You answered a question or two I didn't even ask. Most importantly, I am referring to the difference in sound with the bullpups. I have very sensitive hearing and would not go for that at all, and I don't need to hear it to know so. I have been wondering about the sound difference between the FX bullpups and the Crown/Dreamline for a while. Your information will quell my desire for a bullpup. I am glad I got the Crown C.
Thanks for the well wishing, and enjoy your incoming Crown. S7

i have a mk2 crown with the 320mm barrel and 300cc bottle for close up work with 18.13 jsb pellets.
and the other mk2 is my long range gun a 600mm barrel with a 580cc bottle using fx hybrids out to and past 100yrds.

both have Ernest rowe's barrel slug ports and barrel tensioning and with proper tuning according to there specific job intended.
pm me if you need any other info.
thanks !!!
Great information. The barrel tensioning is out of my zip code for the moment. Thank you for the open invite! S7

Walnut stock. I bought it used too, that's the way it came. It's been a great gun. The only thing I did was rebuild the regulator, when it started to creep a bit. Other than that, totally trouble free.
The Walnut is nice, and as I said somewhere in this thread, I almost bought a MK II in Walnut in July. I will keep an eye on the reg. If I replaced it at any point in the future--far future, I hope--I would consider a Huma reg. What did you do? Thank you.

To elaborate on my last post a little, as far as the sound goes, the impact wouldn’t have a problem either. Even though a bullpup, it’s complicated valve design still puts the hammer away from your ear, so you won’t hear the ping associated with pretty much every other bullpup. My wildcat was unbearable sometimes in this department, and I know the maverick would be the same. Again to most it’s not an issue, but for me and some others, it can be more than just an annoyance.

As for your huma reg question. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the factory reg, and sometimes just from age and cycling they need rebuilding. It’s much cheaper to rebuild than replace with a huma, which in my opinion isn’t needed.

I think accuracy wise the crown has the edge over previous fx guns, only because you can fine tune it. The fx Royale 400 is close second, by mere fractions of an inch but no tuning necessary.
I fine tuned the Crown to a point we're it was almost boring it got so accurate . 40 yards, hole inside hole. But it comes down to how much time and effort you want to put into something to do that .
That's why we buy different guns for different jobs or ranges. That's my excuse . 😁

To elaborate on my last post a little, as far as the sound goes, the impact wouldn’t have a problem either. Even though a bullpup, it’s complicated valve design still puts the hammer away from your ear, so you won’t hear the ping associated with pretty much every other bullpup. My wildcat was unbearable sometimes in this department, and I know the maverick would be the same. Again to most it’s not an issue, but for me and some others, it can be more than just an annoyance.

As for your huma reg question. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the factory reg, and sometimes just from age and cycling they need rebuilding. It’s much cheaper to rebuild than replace with a huma, which in my opinion isn’t needed.

Once again, you hit a few nails on their heads, madeintheuk. The bullpup I was most interested in is the Wildcat. The bullpup design created a decisional tug-of-war for me. There is much to like here. But I wondered about some kind of noise at the ear but never heard anyone talk about it. I thought such possible noises were too slight and therefore not on anyone’s radar. If the two bull pups bothered you that much, I would likely take the noise worse, knowing my situation. I would have bought he gun and the sold it quickly. I am glad I got the Crown.

Once again, you hit a few nails on their heads, madeintheuk. The bullpup I was most interested in is the Wildcat. The bullpup design created a decisional tug-of-war for me. There is much to like here. But I wondered about some kind of noise at the ear but never heard anyone talk about it. I thought such possible noises were too slight and therefore not on anyone’s radar. If the two bull pups bothered you that much, I would likely take the noise worse, knowing my situation. I would have bought he gun and the sold it quickly. I am glad I got the Crown.
Also, I will bear he regulator comments in mind.
Thanks a bunch. S7

Reactions: madeintheuk
Also, I will bear he regulator comments in mind.
Thanks a bunch. S7
For some reason, the main part of my post is under your name, madeintheuk. Sorry about that. And when I tried to fix things, I duplicated the post! Also, I am afraid to delete things, if I even could, because I don't want to be working in your spot, nor do I want to delete what you said. I am befuddled for the moment. S7

Last edited:
Reactions: madeintheuk
I think accuracy wise the crown has the edge over previous fx guns, only because you can fine tune it. The fx Royale 400 is close second, by mere fractions of an inch but no tuning necessary.
I fine tuned the Crown to a point we're it was almost boring it got so accurate . 40 yards, hole inside hole. But it comes down to how much time and effort you want to put into something to do that .
That's why we buy different guns for different jobs or ranges. That's my excuse . 😁
Thanks, MS. I appreciate the information. I will take “boring” accuracy. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Mickshooter
So as of today... is the Crown still somewhat better than the other FX guns???

Don t know for sure what you mean by 'better', but i guess
when talking FX, most today's candidate buyers’ preferences will always be somewhat swinging between Crown and M3.

Merely imo,
I d say

Get the Crown with any barrel length except 700 mm. I myself am each time the most pleased with 600 mm Crown superlight barrel kits (in both .177 and .22)
If you re keen on 700 mm barrel length (might be for several reasons) then consider Impact (or even Wildcat).
There s even an option for a 800 mm barrel in M3, from .22 up to .35 cal.

I d further say
  • Get the Crown if you intend to go shooting everything up to 25 grains in .22 – to me that's s near to absolute perfection, as well with 18grains & 25grain JSB, as with 21 & 23grain H&N .217 slugs; as well as to accuracy, ES, shotcount, etc, etc, etc…
    Not at all saying a .22 Crown won't shoot heavier lead 'well enough' (from an appropriate barrel), nor saying that .25 or .30 caliber in Crown is a lesser choice, but (to me anyway) there’s more limitations, amongst other due to the nature and structure of the gun (and due to other 'variables')

• Get the M3 (or also an uplifted Impact mk2 for that matter) if you re keen on shooting heavier lead (than 25 grain in .22) – The M3 is built for that. Again not at all saying that M3 won t shoot .22 as it should (it does perfectly), but saying that M3 really is built for shooting 'heavy duty lead'.

The greatest benefit i m liking so much on the M3 is the combination of external micro-macro adjustability of the hammer.

Note for absolute beginners freshly starting out with FX :
Do also take into account that setting and resetting an M3 to perfection for any lead of one's choice(s), will take somewhat more patience and excercise for any absolute beginner than on average the case with a Crown.
Do also consider that any FX tactical has massively more o-rings in its system than a Crown or a Wildcat.

On a closing and very personal note i d also say that any walnut or laminate Crown is pure delight for the eye to behold, while any tactical gun -whatever bells and whistles one's adds on- is basically just meant to be functional, lacking any of the graceful aesthetics of a classic.

Last edited:
I have 5 FX guns acquired in this order Streamline, Dreamline Classic, Royale 500 Royale 400 Crown MK II only the Dreamline was purchased new but they all "look" new and shoot great. One is not really "better" than they other but I like the Crown the best (500mm .22 BPL stock) if you forced me to choose. I just enjoy each one for what it is (I have Aeron stocks for all of them except the Crown) and feel very lucky to have such a nice collection. I shoot LH so the impact and wildcat were never a consideration for me and I don't like the bullpup format myself I like "long" guns and a traditional feel. PIck the format you feel is right for you you can't really go wrong with what ever you choose.