So as of today... is the Crown still somewhat better than the other FX guns???
That question is too subjective as to each person own taste and what is good or not. I own a FX Crown MK II and choose that gun over all the rest because I wanted the best gun available “for me”. In my opinion it is hard to beat in the “real gun / rifle” looks department and there is no question as to the accuracy.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Well I started my FX ownership with a 30 cal MKII Impact. I used it off the bench, for hunting and XFT in Arizona. My wife was shooting an FX Crown MKII in 25 with the pepper laminate stock so one day I shot it. I liked the crown better off then bench...Well now I have a 25 crown in a saber tactical stock for my XFT and bench rifle and I have a second crown in 22 with a 380mm barrel shooting slugs for hunting. I still use the Impact for hunting and a backup for competition.

There have been many times I have thought to sell the Impact then i shoot it again and I can't let myself sell it. It was really my first rifle I modified with the guidance of Centercut and it just shoots!!!!!

Crown better than the Impact🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 Really depends on what you want it for, how comfortable are you at tuning (lots of power in the Impact) and changing O'rings when needed. I like them both, but for me if had to just have one it would be the Crown...

Tony P.

I have both, actually I have two of each 😇. Better is not only a highly subjective term, it begs the question “Better for/at what?”

First of all, I have two MKII Crowns, one Laminate in .22 and one Walnut in .30. I have barrels in both calibers from 500mm to 700mm. I have two M3 Impacts, one currently in .25 and one in .30, with barrel kits from 500mm to 700mm in .22, .25 and .30

My Crowns have better triggers (IMHO) than my Impacts. At least I fell I have more adjustability and end at a slightly better result on my Crowns than my Impacts. My Crowns “feel” better to me when being shot offhand. There is something about the traditional rifle format which I find easier to shot well from a standing offhand position.

On the other hand, my Impacts make more power than my Crowns (if that’s what I want). They are more adjustable, and more precisely/repeatedly adjustable, than my Crowns. For any given power level or barrel length (which are related) they are much shorter in length than the Crown and thus much easier to walk around with. Walking through the woods shooting steel targets that i have stuck in the ground and various random distances is simply ridiculous with a 700mm Crown, no matter how good the gun feel offhand. With the 700mm Impact its a piece of cake.

With the right setup I really find no difference shooting off the bench. However the Impact probably needs a few extra add-on bits (bag rider being one) to shoot well from the bench compared to the Crown.

I love them both and would find it difficult to choose only one. Luckily a lifetime of hard work means that i don’t have to choose.

Chris

I've had both and prefer the Crown as a simpler, stable platform without the mechanical disadvantages of a Bullpup. I had a short barrel synthetic stock version and thought it was way nicer than any Bullpup design. My gut feeling is the Crown is great out of the box whereas a lot of Impact owners end up spending a lot on accessories and doodads (probably because they're cool but also a money trap).

I have both, actually I have two of each 😇. Better is not only a highly subjective term, it begs the question “Better for/at what?”

First of all, I have two MKII Crowns, one Laminate in .22 and one Walnut in .30. I have barrels in both calibers from 500mm to 700mm. I have two M3 Impacts, one currently in .25 and one in .30, with barrel kits from 500mm to 700mm in .22, .25 and .30

My Crowns have better triggers (IMHO) than my Impacts. At least I fell I have more adjustability and end at a slightly better result on my Crowns than my Impacts. My Crowns “feel” better to me when being shot offhand. There is something about the traditional rifle format which I find easier to shot well from a standing offhand position.

On the other hand, my Impacts make more power than my Crowns (if that’s what I want). They are more adjustable, and more precisely/repeatedly adjustable, than my Crowns. For any given power level or barrel length (which are related) they are much shorter in length than the Crown and thus much easier to walk around with. Walking through the woods shooting steel targets that i have stuck in the ground and various random distances is simply ridiculous with a 700mm Crown, no matter how good the gun feel offhand. With the 700mm Impact its a piece of cake.

With the right setup I really find no difference shooting off the bench. However the Impact probably needs a few extra add-on bits (bag rider being one) to shoot well from the bench compared to the Crown.

I love them both and would find it difficult to choose only one. Luckily a lifetime of hard work means that i don’t have to choose.

Chris
Greetings.
How or why is the adjustability of the Impact better than the Crown’s.
Thank you. S7

Reactions: Firstgear
Greetings.
Thank you. S7
Better is another term that needs to be defined. Impacts give you more tuning options, thus you can make finer adjustments. I own a Crown, and recently bought an Impact. Both are excellent rifles. Of the two I'd say the Crown is easier to tune, simply due to having less options. Which you choose all depends on how you plan to use it and personal preference.

I have an Impact MKII, Crown Continuum and a Wildcat. All in .22 but have .25 cal barrel for the Impact. I shoot the Crown and Wildcat most. Just haven’t taken the time to tinker with the Impact yet but right out of the box, no adjusting, the Impact is amazing, out to fifty yards anyway.
The Wildcat is extremely impressive with the 700mm barrel.
Crown has both the laminated camo stock and I have the Saber Tactical chassis.
I’m a hardcore FX customer.
Randy

Last edited:
Better is another term that needs to be defined. Impacts give you more tuning options, thus you can make finer adjustments. I own a Crown, and recently bought an Impact. Both are excellent rifles. Of the two I'd say the Crown is easier to tune, simply due to having less options. Which you choose all depends on how you plan to use it and personal preference.
This helps. And for me, easier is preferred. But excluding the Impact MK III, with its two regs, how is the Impact more tunable or how does it offer more tuning options? Are you referring to harmonic tuners and such?
Thank you. S7

Greetings.
Thank you. S7
The Crown has 4 things to adjust. These are (1) the Power Wheel, (2) The Transfer Port, (3) the Regulator pressure and (4) the Hammer Spring. Three of the3se can be adjusted without any disassembly of the gun. The Hammer Spring pre-load require the removal of the stock, which is a PITA, since you first have to remove the Power Wheel (DONT LOSE THE LITTLE BALL BEARING!) and the Safety.

The Impact has (1) The Power/Macro Wheel, (2) the Micro Wheel (AKA Hammer Spring Preload) (3) the Second Regulator, (4) the 1st Regulator, (5) The Valve adjuster. All of these are accessible without any disassembly, and, in my experience, give you a finer degree of control over the power levels. This is especially true of the Valve adjuster when compared to the Transfer Port adjustment on the Crown. The3 Impact Micro wheel is also MUCH easier to adjust, and much more repeatable due to the way it is constricted and marked than the Crown Hammer Spring.

Bottom line, theCrown may be "easier" but that's because it simply has less things to adjust.

Like I said, love them both.

Reactions: MEC17670 and qball
This helps. And for me, easier is preferred. But excluding the Impact MK III, with its two regs, how is the Impact more tunable or how does it offer more tuning options? Are you referring to harmonic tuners and such?
Thank you. S7
The Impact has a micro-adjuster with the power wheel for fine tuning, on the Crown you have to remove the stock and use an allen wrench. Impacts also have a valve adjuster.
Screenshot 2022-08-20 113059.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-20 113117.jpg

Reactions: qball