• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX crown VP concern

Good day all. John/Jon from FX (sorry if I spelt his name wrong) claimed that all Crown VPs will ship with the AMP regulator but mine came with the serial (180045) and FX claimed that only crowns after (181700) have the AMP regulator. Since being advertised that the VP will ship with the AMP I decided to get it but now seeing that it may not have the AMP as advertised I really want to send this rifle back in and pay the difference to get one which has the AMP that's terrible, it's either I do that or get the Huma but I'm asking my fellow shooters if they have looked and confirmed that the VP does have the AMP and that maybe they give these serial different from the other crowns? 

The vendors supply can be several months old so they may not have the newest iteration. Also FX may send out an old stock gun out even though they say they don't. That happened to me on my Impact I ended up with a gun with an outdated regulator. Without knowing that the regs had been updated I was still ready to send it back because it did not say Impact-X on it and that is what I paid for. But the vendor convinced me that it was the same as the newest guns except for the barrel and they said they would send me a new one so I kept it. I found out months later that the reg was the old style when I tore into the gun because it had regulator problems. I really wish I had sent it back when I first received it had I known about the reg I would have. It was months before FX got their act together enough to get me the regulator rod I ordered and I found it quicker to just get a Huma so I did. But with a new Huma reg and a few upgrades it shoots with the best of them. Updating a gun to the new reg will not be cheap and there is really nothing wrong with the old ones unless you get a one with a defect.

Good day all. John/Jon from FX (sorry if I spelt his name wrong) claimed that all Crown VPs will ship with the AMP regulator but mine came with the serial (180045) and FX claimed that only crowns after (181700) have the AMP regulator. Since being advertised that the VP will ship with the AMP I decided to get it but now seeing that it may not have the AMP as advertised I really want to send this rifle back in and pay the difference to get one which has the AMP that's terrible, it's either I do that or get the Huma but I'm asking my fellow shooters if they have looked and confirmed that the VP does have the AMP and that maybe they give these serial different from the other crowns?

Hi Brad980, 

Would you call into our customer service at +1 866 639 0772 and explain whats going on so we can get the difficulties you are having squared away and clarify the communication between all parties as soon as possible. 

Regards

FX USA Customer Service Support