• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown versus Daystate Wolverine

I have a Crown MK II in all barrel caliber variations. Nice good. Needs more plenum. 

I am looking at a Wolverine R High Power in 25. Is there any reason that I can expect more or less from the Wolverine. Is it that much more or less in terms of reliability and accuracy. Or are they about even. Anyone own or shot both. 

I have a Daystate Regal XL. So know the company. 

Not interested in an FX Impact. 

My .25 Crown Mk2 (Continuum, currently wearing the 700mm barrel) easily makes more power than my previously owned .25 cal Wolv R HP. The Wolverine also makes less power than my RAW .25, and both the Crown and RAW are more accurate in my hands when you go to 50 yards and further. 

I've had Wolverines (all regulated) in .177 (std), and .22 & .25 ( both HP). Even my favorite of the bunch, the .22 HP, doesn't work all that well for me at 100 yards, compared to the .25 Crown and RAW, or compared to my .22 cal GCU2 Red Wolf HP.

I never got what I considered reasonable accuracy with my .25 Wolverine HP-R out at 100 yards. Don't know whether it was my specific gun or something else. It had that 'notchy' feeling during pellet chambering that some of the .25 cal Daystates are kind of known for. Don't know if that hindered accuracy, but it sure didn't instill confidence.

And generally I really love my Daystates.

I favor my .25 cal RAW over my (now gone) .25 cal Wolverine HP-R, yes.

However out to 100 yards in my hands it is kind of a toss-up accuracy-wise between the .25 cal RAW, the .25 cal Crown and the .22 cal Red Wolf HP. The Crown has a GRS stock and for me that really helps to steady the gun on the bench. The RAWs weight helps in that regard. And the Red Wolf, well, that is just an incredible gun all around. I never have shot a .25 cal Red Wolf.

Likely my 2 most accurate 100 yard guns in my hands are my RAW .30 (with NSA slugs), and my Maverick Sniper .30 (with pellets).

And I do also love my .22 cal Wolverine HP-R, but I have just found that I do much better with that gun only out to 50-70 yards. But out to that range it can be a real tack driver.