FX Crown Valve pin question

I am going to replace my Crowns valve seat with the 6.35mm seat.

The stock seat was 5.5mm and the valve pin in the rifle measures .270 on its OD. It is the white Delrin? poppet, not the older black poppet.

My question is, with the 6.35mm valve seat being for all intents and purposes a .250 throat, will my poppet be suitable as it is at .270 Or is there a newer FX poppet with a larger OD for use with the 6.35mm seat?

I have seen a part number called out for a newer FX poppet or valve pin, but no dimensions are given leading me to think that there are 2 different sizes which are the early smaller diameter black poppet, and the later larger diameter white poppet.

Thoughts and input is appreciated.

Subscribed

I have a 6.35 VS sitting here waiting to go into my Crown but I just haven’t had time to play with it..
I had heard there were two different sizes as well. I have a year old Continuum which I believe has the most current valve pin. Seems like a pretty easy swap but I have yet to see anybody here post any before and after numbers. Please keep us posted on how it works out.

I tried to do exactly what what Chuck is going to do in my .25 Crown and failed! Now I cant get the stem to seat in the original VS It won't go in until you see it in the hole in the block and it's leaking!!

So frustrating I had this tuned to where I could get 1040 FPS with the NSA 44 gn. I also bought a .30 call barrel which is why I was going to to the larger VS. sent Mr. Hick's an email to see if he will work on it. This has been one hell of an ordeal! Be careful putting the assembly back in as there is a cavity the will swallow that whole shebang! If someone can share why the stem will no long go all the way in I would sure like to know!!

Dennis

All interested will be pleased to hear that it worked a treat, and 150 pellets in, no sign of any issues.

6.35MM valve seat for FX Crown

Stock crown valve pin with white Delrin poppet measured at .270 inches

Brass hammer weight from eBay (the same guy who sells the seats)

700MM superlight barrel .30 Cal.

Barrel TP ported and polished along with port matched probe

JSB 44.75 @895 fps with reg at 135 bar and hammer spring adjustment not maxed out..........

Suits me fine, and thanks again for the input.