Tuning FX Crown trigger spring

I pulled the trigger out of my Crown for a little polishing. When I removed the trigger the spring just fell out. It was not attached to the set screw like I see in pics and videos.

My spring also only has one closed end? Does this look right to you guys?
the set screw doesn’t stick out far enough to really attach it unless it’s suppose to be kind of threaded in behind the set screw but that seems like it would be to tight to get a coil meshed in there.

Any help would be great.
3D2ED97A-2132-4F2C-9060-E5AEB2184A18.1617027945.jpeg

Yes I’m the original owner this is the first time it’s been out.

I took a couple still frames from 910 airgun tuning trigger videos.

Crown trigger

BF131E01-B9EB-4D7C-B132-D3FAE542697F.1617053209.png

and here’s a Dreamline trigger.

CB946998-395E-4B56-96E2-F0CAD96845B2.1617053261.png

Seems like you would have a more consistent contact with the closed end towards the sear.

I just missed my call back from FX. Hopefully they will call me back tomorrow.

I had a weird problem with my Crown last summer. The second stage felt vague and unpredictable. I talked with a tech from FX and found out my spring was missing a small ball bearing that was seated inside the end of the spring. I'm glad I called because I would have never figured it our on my own. FX sent me out a new spring with the ball attached and I was back in business.

Pretty sure it should have had two closed ends. My Impact and Crown does and I don't remember my set screw having that taper. That is a large photo so maybe it's showing something I missed. I've swapped out my springs with ball point pen springs to lighten the "first stage" some. Think I had to trim them a little to get the feel I wanted though. 

Jking