Tuning FX crown regulator leak question

Thought I had a leaking bottle because I swapped the valve into a new 580cc bottle.

But I just realized that the reg quickly leaked down to zero when I removed the bottle. Now I need to replace reg orings correct?

I've got an earlyish 10mm AMP reg. Anyone have a good list of the orings? So far, the ones I've found don't match each other...

Got "bulk" suppliers too? Rather not buy a 1ea. kit.

I guess they don't like being bled down. Mine started leaking out the weep hole on the side of the action when I was converting over to the 700cc bottle. I bled it back down hoping that with a little luck that would make it reseal. That didn't work nor did firing some shots so I had to reseal mine. I changed all the Orings except the internal one in the gun action just because it's a pain in the arse to get it out and put back in. After the re-seal its all good now. Might be a good time to polish everything while you have it out.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-amp-regulator-creep-fix/?referrer=1

Jking

I just rebuilt my 1st gen Crown regulator. It's pretty easy except for installing the small 2X1mm O-rings (#D32 on the drawing).

I bought mine from O-rings and More. Good service and quick delivery. 

https://oringsandmore.com/

Here is a PDF for the sizes. (note the serial numbers)

download.png
View attachment Crown-O-Rings.1644679363.pdf

Thought I had a leaking bottle because I swapped the valve into a new 580cc bottle.

But I just realized that the reg quickly leaked down to zero when I removed the bottle. Now I need to replace reg orings correct?

I've got an earlyish 10mm AMP reg. Anyone have a good list of the orings? So far, the ones I've found don't match each other...

Got "bulk" suppliers too? Rather not buy a 1ea. kit.

Hi BSJ, 

If you need further assistance please give our customer service and/or technician service department a call or email Monday morning and we can provide assistance to get your gun up and running.

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA 

Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM – 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

I just rebuilt my 1st gen Crown regulator. It's pretty easy except for installing the small 2X1mm O-rings (#D32 on the drawing).

download.png

Hawkeye, what's your technique for changing the 2X1's? I've been using my finger nails on both of the sides and wrestling them on usually after several drops. I'm a little worried of damaging them doing it this way and no better than my eyes are I might miss the damage. What I'm thinking about now is a round tapered rod maybe an inch to a inch and a half long with the big end being just a tad larger that the adjuster and then working the Orings down the taper slowly so that they can be roller down over the adjuster screw and into the two groves.

jking

download.png

Hawkeye, what's your technique for changing the 2X1's? I've been using my finger nails on both of the sides and wrestling them on usually after several drops. I'm a little worried of damaging them doing it this way and no better than my eyes are I might miss the damage. What I'm thinking about now is a round tapered rod maybe an inch to a inch and a half long with the big end being just a tad larger that the adjuster and then working the Orings down the taper slowly so that they can be roller down over the adjuster screw and into the two groves.

jking

The first ring wasn't bad. I held the edge in the groove and was able to stretch it over the end. The second one was harder so I made a tapered rod on my grinder from a wood screw, but I could not get it to work. The brute force method finally worked, though it took time, a lot of patience and sore finger tips. I did break one of them doing it, but I have plenty of extras. Once on and reassembled all is good, so apparently all the stretching didn't hurt them.

download.png

jking

Jimmy!! I just had a member machine me aluminum “witch’s hats” just for this purpose. I pulled all the dimensions, designed a sketch so the second o ring goes on first then the first o ring(closest to the end) would go on second by just sliding it upward after it slides on to the adjustment screw. The guy did an awesome job. 

2482104D-15FC-4AD7-A7D3-25D55C999678.1644760159.jpeg
287F946A-5930-4642-9556-5F467375835A.1644760160.jpeg
37B040C1-7876-4644-A4B7-49F803026A37.1644760160.jpeg

Heck yeah Augie, that's exactly what I was thinking about almost. I hadn't really thought about sliding it over but that was an excellent idea. How about a photo of that 2X1 Oring laying next to the tool and one rolled up on it. That would put it more in prospective to show just how damn small they are. How long did yours end up being?

Thanks for sharing,much appreciated.

jimmy

Heck yeah Augie, that's exactly what I was thinking about almost. I hadn't really thought about sliding it over but that was an excellent idea. How about a photo of that 2X1 Oring laying next to the tool and one rolled up on it. That would put it more in prospective to show just how damn small they are. How long did yours end up being?

Thanks for sharing,much appreciated.

jimmy

I made it 24.25mm in length.

pm me if you have further questions.

This is the guy I had make them for me-

https://www.airgunnation.com/members/geojorjika/

As I understand your question right, the reg pressure bled out only when you removed the bottle? If that is correct, it could simply be the airpressure in your bottle was lower than what the reg is set at, when you removed it. If that is the case, it would be normal for the air to bleed out, and reg pressure reach zero, as the reg was never closed, because of to low bottle pressure. No matter what happened, if the gun seems to hold air, when the bottle is attached, and filled, I would simply check the reg pressure gauge once in a while, when shooting. If everything looks normal, there might be nothing wrong with your gun.

Well usually you have to dryfire the gun one or two times after you remove the bottle, to let the reg bleed out. I would still not worry about it, if the reg gauge seems to stop at the same spot after each shot, and that the gun shoot as normal. It is how the gun works with bottle attached, and filled up, which matters, not what happens when you remove the bottle.

It’s more than likely the poppet, as I know of someone with a crown that initially always had a leak that stem’d from the popper to valve seat, from running at high reg pressures. Seems that setting the reg above 145 bar caused this leak each time. 

The balloon at the end of the barrel test may not work, as the air can bleed out that side vent hole on the block instead