Fx crown Regulator creep???

Oh okay, yes that sounds like something different. You are describing an inconsistent setpoint or a drifting setpoint. That could be a result of being near the limits of the Belleville stack as previously stated, or it could be something that is causing the spring rate to vary each time the regulator cycles open and closed. At least one design iteration of the FX regulator had a lot of slop between the piston's OD and the ID of the Bellevilles. That would allow the washers to slide laterally relative to their neighbors, thus the spring rate may vary from time to time. It's hard to say without some trial and error experimentation.

With that said, for a variation of only 10 bar, it should be possible to tune the gun to be agnostic of it. An unregulated PCP that is properly adjusted can hold a 1 - 2% ES over a range of 20 - 30 bar, sometimes more. A regulated gun that varies by 10 bar is technically no different from an unregulated gun that is operating over a pressure range of, say, 150 -> 140 bar.

By the way you stated again that if the problem were creeping that it would be easy to fix by cleaning and some O-rings. That's almost never the case and I fear that it may mislead others who are reading along.

At first my rifle did experience creep it would raise the pressure while it sat over night. I contacted FX and was told it could be the piston oring, and to check that and clean it. They also sent me a new piston but the old one was still good and exactly the same. And after cleaning the creep stopped. So in my case cleaning was all it took. I just don’t like the plastic piston, I think that has something to do with it. Maybe the washers are sticking in it I’ll have to see if there is any marks on it when I remove it. 

So I think I found out what my problem was. The setting would drop after shooting a mag full from 150 to 145 bar. Couldn’t figure out what was going on unit I got a huma reg to replace the stock one and had to remove the manometer so I got it checked. It was showing 80 + bar higher than what it should be! I was setting the reg passed it’s limit. So have to find a new manometer. FX you make a great gun why, oh why would you put a crap manometer in it? 

It is easy to learn from "mistakes" when the real problem is found. In this case the issue would have been found by testing the gun with a gauge which one know beforehand was in working order. It is a litle sad you had to replace the regulator first, before finding out it was the gauge. I am not critisising you (we are after all not gunsmiths), we all can do things in wrong order. But it might be a learning experiance if someone else should have the same issue. The good thing is we all learned something here:)

It is easy to learn from "mistakes" when the real problem is found. In this case the issue would have been found by testing the gun with a gauge which one know beforehand was in working order. It is a litle sad you had to replace the regulator first, before finding out it was the gauge. I am not critisising you (we are after all not gunsmiths), we all can do things in wrong order. But it might be a learning experiance if someone else should have the same issue. The good thing is we all learned something here:)

Yea that's why I thought I would report my findings here. Thanks also to all those with the previous posts that helped me find out. 

Maddad, are you all sorted out now?

Because I have to say setting your reg at 158 should have posed no issue at all if you have the amp reg in it

i have had my gun set as high as 170 and i still got 45 shots before falling off

My gun is now settled in at 155, and i get 50 shots before going under My tank manometer is also not accurate, so i fall off at 170 (reads 15 bar high) Luckily the reg gauge is good, verified by pumps and tanks with better manometers.

if you are good, great! But i dont think 158 should have given you trouble

Because I have to say setting your reg at 158 should have posed no issue at all if you have the amp reg in it

i have had my gun set as high as 170 and i still got 45 shots before falling off

My gun is now settled in at 155, and i get 50 shots before going under My tank manometer is also not accurate, so i fall off at 170 (reads 15 bar high) Luckily the reg gauge is good, verified by pumps and tanks with better manometers.

Yea I’m good and FX is sending new gauge!

As for the discrepancy I used my pump gauge to check the two FX and it also could be off a bit. FX says the AMP reg should safely go up to at least 160. So maybe it’s out more than the 8 bar. It seems like if I go over 150 the reg starts to screw up. So it could be out 20 bar if your 170 is the limit. Could also be the Belleville washers not being exactly the same too.

I have to correct myself again the manometer was out 80 bar not 8. 

I’m just glad FX is going to replace them! And the rifle is tuned in nicely now. 

I have to correct the last comment too. The AMP reg is still moving the set pressure down after shooting so I'm baffled, I have taken the AMP reg out and put the Huma reg in now. So hope this fixes my problem. Thanks to all that gave there opinions it helped me decide what to do. 

Yea I’m good and FX is sending new gauge!

As for the discrepancy I used my pump gauge to check the two FX and it also could be off a bit. FX says the AMP reg should safely go up to at least 160. So maybe it’s out more than the 8 bar. It seems like if I go over 150 the reg starts to screw up. So it could be out 20 bar if your 170 is the limit. Could also be the Belleville washers not being exactly the same too.

I have to correct myself again the manometer was out 80 bar not 8. 

I’m just glad FX is going to replace them! And the rifle is tuned in nicely now. 

I have to correct the last comment too. The AMP reg is still moving the set pressure down after shooting so I'm baffled, I have taken the AMP reg out and put the Huma reg in now. So hope this fixes my problem. Thanks to all that gave there opinions it helped me decide what to do.

now huma reg work well?