• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown regulatoes

From the Huma-Air site:

"For the FX Crown and Crown Continuum we have 3 models replacement regulators available, please select the correct model based on your factory regulator dimensions:

Gen 1 : Factory regulator with a 14 mm long polymer piston and 8 mm diameter belleville springs. (Not very common in the crown)
Gen 2 : Factory regulator with a 16 mm long polymer piston and 8 mm diameter belleville springs.
Gen 3 : Factory regulator with a 16 mm long polymer piston and 10 mm diameter belleville springs (current model)"

This started when it aj=ll of a sudden emptied the tank thru the barrel, pulled it apart and cleaned the VS and put it back together and when I put the bottle back on it started to blow the air out the top of the regulator adjustment screw removed the reg and ordered the 6>35 titamun VS and installed tool the reg apart and cleaned and lubed and put back in and refilled the tank with no more leaks.

Shot 20+ shots and works perfect, reg set @ 135-140 and shooting exact kings 25.39gr 934-940 fps.

Ordered the gen2 HUMA reg. the gun would probably shoot good for a long time but i'am changing the reg. anyway.

Jim

I have a couple of the previous generation Crowns. They have been fantastic rifles, in fact my little .25 cal 'field/hunter' with syn stock and 380mm barrel is one of my very favorite guns.

I retired out of the Silicon Valley about 10 years ago, and when living in the middle of it I was always of the 'must have the latest and greatest' mindset. But that grows very tiresome (and quite expensive after a bit), and eventually one realizes that it can make a lot more sense to buy older technology during its downward price spiral.

Regardless of what FX, or Daystate, or Hatsan, or Crosman... offer as new and fancy models, my 'old' rifles do everything I need and want them to do. They are by no means obsolete in any sense of the word just because a newer model has been released.

So enjoy your Crown for everything that it is!

From the Huma-Air site:

"For the FX Crown and Crown Continuum we have 3 models replacement regulators available, please select the correct model based on your factory regulator dimensions:

Gen 1 : Factory regulator with a 14 mm long polymer piston and 8 mm diameter belleville springs. (Not very common in the crown)
Gen 2 : Factory regulator with a 16 mm long polymer piston and 8 mm diameter belleville springs.
Gen 3 : Factory regulator with a 16 mm long polymer piston and 10 mm diameter belleville springs (current model)"

how do you tell a gen 2 from a gen 3 Crown??