• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown Question

Hi to All.
I also have a Crown .22 / 600mm Superior barrel - It is a gen. 1, - with a gen. 3 regulator.
I updated my crown with following to get more Umpffffff.

Huma gen. 3 regulator - The medium pressure range version
Huma dual transfer port and pin probe.
Huma Power hammer spring.
Titanium seat (https://910airguntuningandrepairsll...m-6-3mm-valve-seat-for-fx-crown-and-fx-impact)
FX Crown gen. 2 valve pin with larger diameter.
My Crown now max. out 150 bar - with .22 JSB Knockouts gen2 at 990 fps.
Before the new valve pin i could get in the range of 930 fps. So a nice gain.
I saw somewhere that the Gen2 Crown comes with a lighter valve pin spring to compensate for the haarder opening force created by the larger valve area. I never got around to change to the lighter spring so maybe there is still a little more speed to gain.
Any way today I shoot the .22 gen 2 Knockouts at 940 fps @145 bar now and they are lasers. Still having extra umpffff in the reserve :)

I actually bought the tungsten hammer kit - but it does not fit my rifle (I know it was saying for Crown cal. 30 so my own fault.)

Valve pin photo below i Borrowed from the web.

Crown valve_pin.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dgeesaman
First off, I want to apologize, because I started this thread, and I didn't follow up with another post after my last post on March 24, 2022. I think I just got involved in tuning, and forgot.

My last post mentioned I had an increase of 17-19 fps by just changing to the new high flow pin probe, but I never gave my results after I installed the new Huma-Air hammer spring.

Without changing regulator pressure of 145 bar and hammer spring still at A, my velocity went to 883 fps, for an increase of 11 fps. My ES increased to 13, but I was still getting a group of 3/8" at 57 yd.

I then went to hammer Max for a velocity of 890 fps and ES 10.

My final adjustment was setting my regulator to 150 bar and hammer to Max, for a velocity of 894 fps, ES 10 and 3/4" group.
That's the most velocity I was able to achieve, and didn't want to go any higher with my regulator.

Since then, I have installed a new Superior Heavy liner and carbon sleeve. I had hopes that with the faster twist I could increase my accuracy with slugs, especially at lower reg pressure and velocity. Unfortunately that didn't happen for me. My .25 33.5 gn NSA slugs seemed to have worse groups.
To my surprise my JSB Hedes pellets were shooting very good groups. Almost always under 1" at 57 yd, and *I even had a 100 yd group of 1 5/16" with 4 or 5 shots 5/8" c-c This was with 120 bar reg pressure.

Once the weather starts getting better, I have some H&N Slug HP's I will bi trying. I had some good initial results with the .250 32 gn slugs, and will also be trying the .250 30 gn slugs next.

First off, I want to apologize, because I started this thread, and I didn't follow up with another post after my last post on March 24, 2022. I think I just got involved in tuning, and forgot.

My last post mentioned I had an increase of 17-19 fps by just changing to the new high flow pin probe, but I never gave my results after I installed the new Huma-Air hammer spring.

Without changing regulator pressure of 145 bar and hammer spring still at A, my velocity went to 883 fps, for an increase of 11 fps. My ES increased to 13, but I was still getting a group of 3/8" at 57 yd.

I then went to hammer Max for a velocity of 890 fps and ES 10.

My final adjustment was setting my regulator to 150 bar and hammer to Max, for a velocity of 894 fps, ES 10 and 3/4" group.
That's the most velocity I was able to achieve, and didn't want to go any higher with my regulator.

Since then, I have installed a new Superior Heavy liner and carbon sleeve. I had hopes that with the faster twist I could increase my accuracy with slugs, especially at lower reg pressure and velocity. Unfortunately that didn't happen for me. My .25 33.5 gn NSA slugs seemed to have worse groups.
To my surprise my JSB Hedes pellets were shooting very good groups. Almost always under 1" at 57 yd, and *I even had a 100 yd group of 1 5/16" with 4 or 5 shots 5/8" c-c This was with 120 bar reg pressure.

Once the weather starts getting better, I have some H&N Slug HP's I will bi trying. I had some good initial results with the .250 32 gn slugs, and will also be trying the .250 30 gn slugs next.
Thank you for all the great information.

From past screw ups increasing the reg will not give you more speed but increasing the hammer screw not the wheel this will increase your velocity. If you try and sent to much air it will have a negative effect, there is a balance that tinkering will help you i lowered my reg but increased the hammer screw 1.5 turns and picked up 100 FPS. playing around with it and keeping track of what you're doing so that if you have a negative effect, you can go back to the original and go at it again.