• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX Crown Question-possibly offering a BR stock for them but need info.

wwo2015

Manufacturer
May 8, 2015
Texas, United States
I have an original Crown stock here but not sure if inletting pattern has changed with the newer versions (MKI vs MKII, Continuum etc....) so need some feedback from Crown owners. I have had many people asking for them and FT stocks but would like to come up with a simple ambi BR design first. Have a buyer who will buy them multiples at a time so doing my homework.

Thanks!

Steve Corcoran

From everything I've seen, the dimensions of the block, trigger, knobs, gauges, ect are all identical across all models. Not 100 percent sure, but 99.9 percent. I've had a Mk1 gen 1, Mk1 gen 3, and have spoken with many owners as well as looked at all of the individual components and diagrams for all models.

My only real concern would be if there was any small change in stock mounting hardware on the absolute newest models.

In either case, I can provide any dimensions for the bolts, stock, or block on my mk1 gen 3.

From everything I've seen, the dimensions of the block, trigger, knobs, gauges, ect are all identical across all models. Not 100 percent sure, but 99.9 percent. I've had a Mk1 gen 1, Mk1 gen 3, and have spoken with many owners as well as looked at all of the individual components and diagrams for all models.

My only real concern would be if there was any small change in stock mounting hardware on the absolute newest models.

In either case, I can provide any dimensions for the bolts, stock, or block on my mk1 gen 3.
Thanks for the response. I might send you a PM with photos of the inletting and stock I have here to see if anything is different from what you have if that's OK with you.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I have an original Crown stock here but not sure if inletting pattern has changed with the newer versions (MKI vs MKII, Continuum etc....) so need some feedback from Crown owners. I have had many people asking for them and FT stocks but would like to come up with a simple ambi BR design first. Have a buyer who will buy them multiples at a time so doing my homework.

Thanks!

Steve Corcoran
The front cutout for the stock retainer bolt and brass collar is larger on my walnut Continuum Mk2 stock than the cutout on a synthetic camo dipped stock I use for hunting. The brass collar will not fit, nor is the stock bolt long enough to secure the stock on the synthetic model. I can post pics if you need it.

The front cutout for the stock retainer bolt and brass collar is larger on my walnut Continuum Mk2 stock than the cutout on a synthetic camo dipped stock I use for hunting. The brass collar will not fit, nor is the stock bolt long enough to secure the stock on the synthetic model. I can post pics if you need it.
Thanks for the feedback. The stock I have here is actually a laminate thumbhole and they may have very well needed different supporting hardware for the synthetic stock versus a hardwood.

Thanks for the feedback. The stock I have here is actually a laminate thumbhole and they may have very well needed different supporting hardware for the synthetic stock versus a hardwood.
This is true. But would not affect mounting either as long as you have the appropriate mounting hardware for each stock.

The wood ones have a brass insert that isn't fixed, just held under tension. The synthetic have no insert and use a different bolt. Can't recall if it is shorter but the under side of the bolt head is tapered. Either way the threads are the same.

Reactions: orangeokie
This is true. But would not affect mounting either as long as you have the appropriate mounting hardware for each stock.

The wood ones have a brass insert that isn't fixed, just held under tension. The synthetic have no insert and use a different bolt. Can't recall if it is shorter but the under side of the bolt head is tapered. Either way the threads are the same.
The synthetic bolt is about a quarter inch longer. I found one at ACE hardware that would work.

I need one, lol. I have a synthetic stock. If I use it (usually if other people are handing the gun) I only have one bolt installed :ROFLMAO:
I thought about using just the rear bolt, but the ACE hardware bolt (45 cents) looks exactly like the stock FX bolt, but I used a small diameter metal washer to help spread out the pressure of the bolt head on the synthetic base. I guess I could easily drill the hole bigger to fit the brass insert. It would certainly look better! ;)