• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Crown probe length question

FX Crown .22, flipped barrel over to try the OE “S” dual transfer port. Trying to get a little more speed out of the 25.4s. First installed the Huma high flow probe and found it would not seat the pellets deep enough to clear the port completely (pulled barrel after seating pellet to confirm).
So I tried the FX adjustable probe and extended it as far as I could, so much I have to load the side lever back just a bit to clear mag. Still doesn’t seat the 25s clear of the port, some skirt still exposed.
I have the Huma V2 port standing by also and it’s opening is even further down the line. Just started this yesterday so I have not had a chance to see if the exposed skirt is affecting accuracy but I’m assuming this can’t be optimal.
I’m sure this won’t be a problem with slugs that don’t have a big dish and before someone makes a snarky “it says Slug right on it” I was just wondering if someone has a solution to this setup for pellets that hasn’t occurred to me yet?
Thanks!

CC0CCC1C-6F64-4F3A-BEC5-5FCDAC0CD90A.jpeg

Yep, just port the other side. All of my crown barrels have the old ports and I've ported all of them. All numbers I've looked at indicate my port work matches performance of these dual ports in best case scenarios. A lof of instances, my ports out-perform. Opening is. 30" to match largest port wheel setting. Exit is the same as factory. But with transition smoothed, and factory probe cut to match. Good for +50fps on 380mm 22 cal at factory settings with 18.13gr.
received_4407983269227287.jpeg
received_244393096772306.jpeg

Last edited:
If you’re using pellets, get the huma pellet probe. The pin probe doesn’t go far enough into the pellet skirt to properly push it past the port. There’s no real benefit to the pin probe using pellet in 22 cal anyway. The 25yds 34 grain king heavies do ok with a pin probe, but their skirts are substantially shallower.