FX Crown owners please read

I did some research when I was having poi shifts on my crown and found a video I believe was by Earnest that specified putting a couple drops of “Blue loctite” on both brass transfer port to SS adapter threads and also the SS adapter to barrel sleeve threads?, but that was over a year ago so don’t take my word for it, better check his videos first!

@centercut

Mine also shoots the 15.89gr jsb and air arms the best at 920fps - for about 100-120 shots after I've cleaned the barrel. Goes suddenly and rapidly south once dirty, but I can live with that.

The issue I can't deal with is having significant POI shifts and needing to regularly rezero, sometimes from a minor bump and other times seemingly randomly. This is despite checking all the things you mentioned amongst others, along with 2 trips to the FX dealer/doctor.

No good having a laser that suddenly 'lasers' left when that pest lands in my backyard. Anyway we'll see how the barrel transplant goes I guess. My crowns action/reg/trigger etc is otherwise flawless so I have high hopes!

I found the link from fx masterclass. Look from 19:49 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZFPlufiE5w. Basically he says to tighten the midle hex sxcrew first. Then the most forward, and no tension on the brass peace. Do not know if it makes any difference on the OP`s issue, but it is probably a good idea to do it the right way anyway.

Personally I would not either lift the gun by the barrel. Think of it this way: The gun is designed to have a free hanging barrel on the gun, not a free hanging gun on a barrel:)

Don’t handle by the barrel? I would never pick up any of my air guns by the barrel. Especially free floated barrels.

Yep. I pick up my guns mostly by the scope with one hand and grab the stock with the other. I agree that the barrels are flimsey, so I just never use them for a handle, and I never prop my guns against the barrel. 

Crusher