• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Personally I don't think that there is really anything that special about the Crown MkII.

IMG_1885.1624843318.JPG

But in all seriousness, I have them in .177 up to .25 cal at the moment, and have owned a .30 in the past. The MkII Crown makes me look like a better shooter than I truly am. And the GRS stock just adds to everything I like about the Crown.

I have had long barrelled Impacts, and while their tuning can be easier (don't have to remove action from the stock to fine tune hammer spring pre-load), I just can't shoot them as well. For me a traditionally wood stocked rifle off the bench works the best. And the GRS stock, once again for me, is the optimal configuration. I never bought into the custom stock trend when shooting firearms. I guess that I did not know what I was missing. With the GRS stock configuration and its easy adjustability, I immediately felt comfortable over it, and noticed that it made the gun much more stable for me on the bench. The 'long range' in my back yard is 61 yards, and I can consistently (and without too much trouble - kind of casually) achieve 1/3" 5-shot groups in favorable conditions (no wind). That's with .22 and .25 - I'm not quite there yet with my .177 Crown.

The guns in the photo above are not too old, but I have not had any issue with any of them, and they do get shot regularly. And most times I can find a combination of hammer spring wheel set-point and transfer port wheel set-point which gives me the muzzle velocities I want to begin accuracy testing, without needing to deal with hammer spring pre-load fine tuning.

And I absolutely love the Crown w/380mm barrel configuration. That configuration always seems more accurate to me than it should be. So handy too. And a Crown with 380mm barrel has hooked more than a few new airgun shooters up at my Cowboy Action Shooting range.

Does FX have a GRS Continuum kit available? If I was going to get one Crown that is what it would be.

NOTE: If you have smaller sized hands (I wear 2XL gloves) you should handle, or preferably shoot, a GRS stocked Crown before buying. Even with the ability to adjust the trigger back in its housing on the Crown, it can be a long reach to it for some.

Reactions: dgeesaman
AirEnthusiast2000 you might want to check into the Crown MkII 'set' that Dr Mike has listed for sale:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-fx-crown-mk2-every-caliber-w-extras/?view=all#post-1023095

He is a shooter who loves loves his Crowns too, the rifle + extra barrels/liners seems a real good deal for me regarding the base gun. I haven't researched the other items in the other combo package he describes. I've bought things from him several times in the past, and they always come better than described. He takes care of his air guns and knows what he is doing.

The Crown synthetic stock is ho-hum in looks to me, but it is the lightest, does the best in the field, and has a really nice grippy surface. It is the favorite of many Crown shooters. And the caliber change kits have otherwise been kind of unobtanium lately (like many things FX), and buying them new costs a pretty penny.

If you bought this kit you would be immediately set up for all of the best Crown calibers, and you could (hopefully) purchase a GRS stock down the road.

Q -

Is that the Bifrost stock? Are you customizing it to fit a Crown action?

Do tell...

yes, it is a Bitfrost. It is for my Tikka T3X project soon, not in a hurry because can’t find ammo. 

the crown and the Tikka will be siblings, love the ergo on the GRS stock. They are going to sport the same scope/reticle and hopefully adjust the trigger to be fairly close. Ergo/feel will be very close minus the recoil obviously but everything else will be close so I can practice with my crown for the 1 mile shots on the tikka……at fraction of cost and hassle. Well, that’s the hope at least, trigger time is trigger time right? =P

The GRS stock is 100% worth the extra few coins! Highly recommend it if looking at the crown and can swing the few extra Hundo. 

Well, I don’t come close to TMH and his collection, but I have had a total of 4 Crowns, and currently have two MK2s, One a Laminate 700mm in .22 and the other a walnut stocked 700mm .30

I absolutely love my Crowns and don’t ever plan to be without one. It is simply the best offhand shooter for me, better than my Impact, my Wildcats and my Dreamline. The MK2 feels identical to the earlier generations, just with more power.

Chris

Yep, I've had 2 as well as an impact, I'd like to get a mk2 .30, but can't really justify it as my current shooting environment isn't really suitable for something that powerful. Though I do have a .30 barrel, I don't use it.

Currenty Just have the one mk1 continuum in walnut with 4 barrels (3 in .22) If I'm hunting in the woods/brush, it's by far the best tool (I usually take shots off-hand while hunting)

Something about the balance of the gun is JUST right. Switching to wood from synthetic stock made it even better. And the light hammer cycle of the semi-balanced valve makes for a very smooth and stable shot cycle.

I cant agree more with everyones opinions above. I've had my Crown Continuum MK1 for a year. Recently bought a M3. I just could not shoot the M3 near as well as my Crown. I just bought a GRS stock and for whatever reason I shoot my crown even better. The trigger pull length is a bit long, but like stated slide the trigger back all the way and its not a issue. The feel of the GRS wood stock is a pleasant experience 

IMG_9787.1624882804.jpg
IMG_9817.1624882822.jpg
50yds

IMG_9813.1624882994.jpg

100 yds

The MK1 or MK2 are fine rifles. I use mine for 100 yd BR shooting. Much easier to hold and set up than bullpups like Impacts. As far as the GRS stock? I had one on an Anschutz rimfire rifle. Too heavy, to many funny angles to be able to hold properly. More for looks than function. IMO, not worth it. If you really want to shoot off the bench, then get the Saber Tactical chassis.

TMH that’s a sweet picture and I agree totally. You just can’t go wrong with a Crown. Mines a .25 mk2 600mm was synthetic but traded out for a forest laminate. Really liked the synthetic but wanted adjustable cheek and it worked out for a buddy that didn’t want to put an extra 400 in his first high end pcp. Two other guys I shoot with have.25 mk2’s and love them. Can’t comment on the GRS but I did want one before I traded for the forest laminate.

Good luck with your decision. I bet most agree that posted its one rifle that won’t be on the trade list.

Red

i dont have that fancy stock, but i really like my crown mk2 for 100yrd+ shots on pests.

i have the 600mm barrel with superior liner shooting NSA 24.8gr dbhp slugs @ 51fpe.

she is very accurate from a stable rest and never looses POI between hunts.

i like the new barrel retaining system alot. i do change barrels now and then to the 380mm

with superior liner and its a blast and just about as accurate at 100yrds !!

i'm happy with mine and i would not change a thing or have any regrets !!

I just bought a crown mark 2 in 22 cal. It won't kill a starling at 35 yards. I'm using fx 18 gr pellets. I need a hard hitting tune and FX said they don't provide tunes. I don't understand why they don't provide the bare minimum. It's my first PCP and maybe I expected to much.
Something is not right, What velocity are you shooting at?

Check that the transfer port is set to: HIGH.

I'm getting complete pass-thru on grackles at 50 yards with the Hades blowing a dime-sized hole on exiting.

My specs: 500mm barrel mk2, reg=125, transfer port= HIGH, Power wheel (old style)=C

Reactions: Mr12PM