Tuning FX Crown MKII regulator rebuild or Huma?

I noticed some inconsistencies on the gauges that came with the crown so I decided to replace them with some Huma gauges. I removed the bottle, careful removed the hammer spring knob and the safety and replaced the gauges effortlessly. Unfortunately as soon as I connected the bottle to check the gauges the air all shot out of the barrel. If I turn the regulator all the way down the air stops. I assume the regulator is crap since it didn’t seem very consistent anyways.

The questions that I have are do I just rebuild it or do I replace it with the Huma? Follow-up question is I noticed there are three different Huma regulators for the Crown. How do I know which one I need for my gun and is the Huma adjustable like the FX, or do I need to take it out of the gun to adjust?

Thank you in advance for any help associated with this!

He is correct barrel leaks have nothing to do with the regulator. Sounds like your valve did not seat correctly.

Make sure it does not have a pellet in it fill it and shoot it a couple of times. If that does not werq you probly got some debris in the gun when you changed the gauges and you will need to tear it down and clean it out.

You are at risk of damaging the regulator when you crank it all the way closed.

Different regs are for different power levels. Higher pressure equates to more power.

I have had a Huma reg on my Impact and did not notice any difference between the FX and the Huma.

If it is debris stuck, often teflon tape or locktight, in the valve seat you may just be able to clean it. If it got scratched, by metal chips, you can use some polishing compound and spin the poppet up in a drill, holding it to it's mating surface, to get rid of the scratches. Or FX will have the replacement parts if needed.

https://fxairguns.com/support/