FX Crown MKII Continuum GRS vs Your pick?

I know it's a small thing but, the trigger guard hack seems like a hack move. I get it. An existing part is already designed/made. But still. At least refinish it properly after hacking off the ear for the second screw.

And then using a socket head cap screw where a flat head screw should be....just seems sloppy to me. Or someone does not take any pride in their work.

Don't get me wrong, I am fairly certain a GRS stocked 600mm Crown is my next purchase....but I may just go with a standard stock instead.

I wonder if the reviewer's sample was pre/early production? Anyone have a recent production model to verify that the trigger guard is the same (or different) from Sub12's video (linked previously)?

Edit: does that trigger guard screw only hold the trigger guard on? Or does it pull the action into the stock too?

mine is 5 months old and the trigger guard is still the hacked version. Completely out of view unless you take the action out but it’s there and I do agree they should remedy that soon. It doesn't really bother me at all, only the owner would know it's there. The bolt does screw into the trigger AND the action just like regular stock. 

Everyone’s ergonomic fit is different and GRS may not fit everyone. Personally I love mine, it just feels more natural compared to the normal stock but I also have ergo mouse and keyboard when they first came out. BUT I do love the laminated stock also and still have one I’m debating on getting another crown for. 

One thing to point out is the rear butt pad isn’t adjustable up and down which is a shame! It should come from the factory with the up and down adjustment for how much it cost. 

I had the Crown Mk 2 synthetic with 380 light barrel in .22 and really like it shooting hades at 890 FPS. Real light weight and a real tack driver out to 60 yards which was my longest distance I was interested in shooting so no use using anything else. Then I got the EdGun Leshiy 2 with .22 and .30 barrels. Then FX came out with the GRS stocked Crown and Dreamline. My brother wanted my Crown so I sold it to him and got the Dreamline GRS in .22. I found the new Dreamline with the larger plentum ,dual port probe and newer superior barrel to be as good if not better than my Crown was with the Hades up to 940 FPS with the reg set at 110 bar and medium power setting. I’m still getting over 50 shots on a fill which again is fine with me. I really like the GRS stock and the grip fills my size large hand and feel I can shoot it better offhand. I also like the look of the Dreamline under barrel tube over the bottle on the Crown. The trigger on the Crown was hard to adjust for my liking and I wound up with out the first stage. The Dreamline I have has a better trigger IMO. The Crown with synthetic stock and 380 light barrel made a nice short and light weight gun to carry in the woods but for offhand shooting a little weight forward would help. The Dreamline does just that but balances better so it does not feel heavy as you might think. So I’m happy with the Dreamline if you can’t tell by now. The Crown has more capable power if that’s your thing and the bottle comes in to play there for more shot count . And then there is the power wheel also that makes tuning the Crown easier but again once I find THE pellet or SLUG that shoots best in a gun I’m done tunning and stick to that. Some may prefer to change pellet weights for different reasons often so the Crown is a better system. BUTTTTT, my go to gun is my Leishiy 2. It makes me feel giddy every time I pick it up. Every one who sees the Leshiy is amazed at the look , engineering and compactness . It is the easiest gun to change calibers/ barrels and get tuned to a repeatable setting with the newer External adjustable reg. A lot of people say it’s not a bench gun but that’s because of the trigger but I like the fact that I have to do my part to shoot it well. Anyone can take my Dreamline or the Crown I had and shoot a ragged hole at 40 yards once I had the pellet and tune figured out off the bench. So long distance shooting or off hand shooting becomes the challenge and that varies from day to day with conditions and requires more concentration and hand eye coordination. The Leshiy 2 is no different and I just get more satisfaction shooting it as well as I can. I completely understand others may disagree, have a favorite brand or different shooting style they prefer which ultimately makes the decision on what rifle suits them best. I have tried to limit my collection to 3 or 4 Airguns, each with a certain purpose to fill. I have a Maverick in .30 that I just shot it in and put back in the case. I’m hoping I can get it to be my long range bench gun for competition. I’m not in love with bull pup chassis guns and find them naked and unattractive but if it shoots well I might keep it. 

speaking from personal experience I love my MKII GRS, a buddy has the walnut stock, and the FX adjustable stock. My grs just feels right when shouldered, Its hard to describe, it just fits. As far as weight goes, I really don't notice it much, I walk the dog almost nightly prob close to a mile, and carry the Crown with me to shoot some pests, doesnt bother me in the slightest. Hope this helps.

I had the Crown Mk 2 synthetic with 380 light barrel in .22 and really like it shooting hades at 890 FPS. Real light weight and a real tack driver out to 60 yards which was my longest distance I was interested in shooting so no use using anything else. Then I got the EdGun Leshiy 2 with .22 and .30 barrels. Then FX came out with the GRS stocked Crown and Dreamline. My brother wanted my Crown so I sold it to him and got the Dreamline GRS in .22. I found the new Dreamline with the larger plentum ,dual port probe and newer superior barrel to be as good if not better than my Crown was with the Hades up to 940 FPS with the reg set at 110 bar and medium power setting. I’m still getting over 50 shots on a fill which again is fine with me. I really like the GRS stock and the grip fills my size large hand and feel I can shoot it better offhand. I also like the look of the Dreamline under barrel tube over the bottle on the Crown. The trigger on the Crown was hard to adjust for my liking and I wound up with out the first stage. The Dreamline I have has a better trigger IMO. The Crown with synthetic stock and 380 light barrel made a nice short and light weight gun to carry in the woods but for offhand shooting a little weight forward would help. The Dreamline does just that but balances better so it does not feel heavy as you might think. So I’m happy with the Dreamline if you can’t tell by now. The Crown has more capable power if that’s your thing and the bottle comes in to play there for more shot count . And then there is the power wheel also that makes tuning the Crown easier but again once I find THE pellet or SLUG that shoots best in a gun I’m done tunning and stick to that. Some may prefer to change pellet weights for different reasons often so the Crown is a better system. BUTTTTT, my go to gun is my Leishiy 2. It makes me feel giddy every time I pick it up. Every one who sees the Leshiy is amazed at the look , engineering and compactness . It is the easiest gun to change calibers/ barrels and get tuned to a repeatable setting with the newer External adjustable reg. A lot of people say it’s not a bench gun but that’s because of the trigger but I like the fact that I have to do my part to shoot it well. Anyone can take my Dreamline or the Crown I had and shoot a ragged hole at 40 yards once I had the pellet and tune figured out off the bench. So long distance shooting or off hand shooting becomes the challenge and that varies from day to day with conditions and requires more concentration and hand eye coordination. The Leshiy 2 is no different and I just get more satisfaction shooting it as well as I can. I completely understand others may disagree, have a favorite brand or different shooting style they prefer which ultimately makes the decision on what rifle suits them best. I have tried to limit my collection to 3 or 4 Airguns, each with a certain purpose to fill. I have a Maverick in .30 that I just shot it in and put back in the case. I’m hoping I can get it to be my long range bench gun for competition. I’m not in love with bull pup chassis guns and find them naked and unattractive but if it shoots well I might keep it.

Great information and helpful!

Thank you!