• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX Crown MKII .25 Velocity Issues..

Milf Dots

Jul 7, 2022
Aloha
My FX Crown in .25 with a 600mm Heavy Superior liner, Slug power Kit with 26gram hammer weight, HUMA Transfer Port, huma-air gen3 regulator installed, and shooting 30grain ZAN projectiles the power adjuster on HIGH, hammer spring wheel on 23 and im getting amazing velocity at 980 to 1020 fps, the problem is about 10 to 15 shots into a magazine my velocity will consistently drop down from 950, to 900, to 850, to 800 to 750 down to 700 almost. So when that happens ill adjust the power wheel over to medium and keep the hammer wheel at 23 and my velocity goes back up to about 850+ So I called UTAH Airguns spoke with a tech and he advised me to polish the hammer and the hammer weight and make sure there arent any burs on any of the pieces, so i did as he advised and I am still experiencing this, what is going on with my gun? I have tried everything. Any help? Please?

Regulator is at 180 as well.

My FX Crown in .25 with a 600mm Heavy Superior liner, Slug power Kit with 26gram hammer weight, HUMA Transfer Port, huma-air gen3 regulator installed, and shooting 30grain ZAN projectiles the power adjuster on HIGH, hammer spring wheel on 23 and im getting amazing velocity at 980 to 1020 fps, the problem is about 10 to 15 shots into a magazine my velocity will consistently drop down from 950, to 900, to 850, to 800 to 750 down to 700 almost. So when that happens ill adjust the power wheel over to medium and keep the hammer wheel at 23 and my velocity goes back up to about 850+ So I called UTAH Airguns spoke with a tech and he advised me to polish the hammer and the hammer weight and make sure there arent any burs on any of the pieces, so i did as he advised and I am still experiencing this, what is going on with my gun? I have tried everything. Any help? Please?

Reg at 180…what is your bottle size? So you haven’t fallen off the reg after 15 shots? 180 bar reg is pretty darn high for a FX crown.

The weight alone is 26gr? Have you weighed it? IIRC factory hammer is like 17gr? So, 26 seems grossly excessive. Something like 12 or 13 gr is appropriate for those pressures. Secondly, regardless of what regulator you have in it, that could still be malfunctioning.

Assuming the hammer weight is what it is, you have more than doubled hammer wight, and could be beating your gun apart. I could be entirely wrong... that's just what it seems like would be happening. Generally valves are designed to be used roughly within the bounds of how they're expected to be used. as are most components in most anything you look at. Not only is the gun operating above what pressure would be expected, the hammer force is vastly above this as well. So the valve is being slammed open and closed much harder than it would be in 99% of other users guns.

Another very possible scenario is that one of your gauges is pretty far off, or even stuck. And youre simply falling off of the regulator.

I had problem with my Crown. It wasn't producing the velocities it should. I discovered the front power wheel assembly had gotten loose and was not properly aligned. When the front wheel indicated full power, the internal ports were not aligned, restricting the air flow and power. You might have a similar issue.

You may simply be coming off reg after fifteen shots at that power. Too much hammer in my opinion, you are beating the heck out of that poor valve.

Reactions: MEC17670
I had problem with my Crown. It wasn't producing the velocities it should. I discovered the front power wheel assembly had gotten loose and was not properly aligned. When the front wheel indicated full power, the internal ports were not aligned, restricting the air flow and power. You might have a similar issue.
This was the problem!! Holy crap thank you!

Reactions: Feinwerk