• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown MkII .25 Slugs

Alright y’all , let’s discuss and go back and fourth with this a bit.

I have a .25 500mm crown mkii. I am shooting the 26gr JSB pellets, loves em at 900 and is deadly out to 100 yards with calm winds. I want to shoot slugs, and before you guys say anything, this gun can shoot slugs, and I am determined to get it to do so. Don’t need another gun for slugs.

I installed the slug power kit and it was great, slinging 34 or whatever grain NSAs at 970-980 and was getting pretty decent accuracy. But my shot count was terrible. Couldn’t do it anymore so pulled the kit and went back to shooting pellets today.

I want to hear your guys experiences. Crown owners. Do you need to shoot your slugs that fast ? I have seen guys shooting NSA slugs at 880-900 and they are deadly.

Can I just throw the pin probe only in for that little boost while still being efficient on air?

Have you added a thicker spacer on the spring seat to get a bit more tension?

What are y’all doing to shoot slugs accurately with your MKII Crown in .25?

Thank you !

If you want to shoot slugs then just max out the HS preload and crank the reg to 150 and start testing.

No, you do NOT need to shoot slug 1000fps to be accurate. In fact, far from it! I've shot slugs accurately down to 700 fps. Since you have the heavy liners and you have 500mm barrel it's best to target about mid 800fps. It will out run a pellet at 50 yards and farther. My best long range accuracy was set at about 920fps but that's because I was going to 300 yards. If you shoot 200 yard and closer then 800-850 fps is plenty, very accurate, deadly and efficient.

My MKII 25, 600mm won’t perform at 150 reg pressure. I run out of hammer at 145 so I shoot @ 140. Maybe it is the gauge reading wrong? It shoots H&N 34 gr slugs right at 900 fps at this setting. They deliver good accuracy at this speed.
This past Saturday I shot some Impulse Air 26 gr slugs i had bought for my Compact at the same setting and got very good accuracy at 100 yards. They shot better the H&N’s and showed less wind drift as well. They also out shot my previous favorite NSA 26.8’s. All of the slugs were shot with a standard liner. The 34’s may have done better with a slug liner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1a2a3m4p
My gun won’t perform at 150 reg pressure. I run out of hammer at 145 so I shoot @ 140. Maybe it is the gauge reading wrong? It shoots H&N 34 gr slugs right at 900 fps at this setting. They deliver good accuracy at this speed.
This past Saturday I shot some Impulse Air 26 gr slugs i had bought for my Compact at the same setting and got very good accuracy at 100 yards. They shot better the H&N’s and showed less wind drift as well. They also out shot my previous favorite NSA 26.8’s. All of the slugs were shot with a standard liner. The 34’s may have done better with a slug liner.

The gauges are only good for reference and not precise reading(few bars Delta won’t make a difference), as long as they are repeatable it’s fine. Just find the power curve at whatever settings and done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr12PM
If you want to shoot slugs then just max out the HS preload and crank the reg to 150 and start testing.

No, you do NOT need to shoot slug 1000fps to be accurate. In fact, far from it! I've shot slugs accurately down to 700 fps. Since you have the heavy liners and you have 500mm barrel it's best to target about mid 800fps. It will out run a pellet at 50 yards and farther. My best long range accuracy was set at about 920fps but that's because I was going to 300 yards. If you shoot 200 yard and closer then 800-850 fps is plenty, very accurate, deadly and efficient.
I was hoping you would comment on this. Thank you I am doing to do some testing in a few mins after this coffee kicks in.

Reactions: qball
Mi MKII 25, 600 mm no funcionará a una presión de 150 reg. Me quedé sin martillo en 145, así que disparé a 140. ¿Quizás es la lectura incorrecta del indicador? Dispara balas H&N de 34 gr directamente a 900 fps en esta configuración. Ofrecen una buena precisión a esta velocidad.
El sábado pasado disparé algunos proyectiles Impulse Air de 26 gr que había comprado para mi Compact en la misma configuración y obtuve muy buena precisión a 100 yardas. Dispararon mejor con los H&N y también mostraron menos deriva del viento. También superaron a mis NSA 26.8 favoritos anteriores. Todas las balas fueron disparadas con un revestimiento estándar. Los 34 pueden haberlo hecho mejor con un forro de babosas.
Indeed, the Crown's factory spring and hammer does not fully open the regulator above 140 bar...however...to shoot slugs.... you will get good accuracy results if you turn the regulator up to 160 bar and play with the hammer tension between 20 to 23..... this way you will not get very high velocities, however, you will get short bursts of air..... which is what slugs like to shoot.

Reactions: qball
@qball would you recommend to change both gauges? And which one ?

Unless they are really off then I would call FX to send you replacement gauges. It’s really not needed most of the time.

I changed my reg gauge on my impact to the fancy electronic gauge and now I’m switching back because it’s PIA to turn it on and look.

Reactions: Mr12PM
I can't speak for the .25 cal Crown, but my .22 with JSB KO slugs .216 dia shooting at 925 is great. It is sensitive to slug diameter. Accuracy decreases with .217 slugs, but it shoots NSA 20.2 gr .2165 very well. 900-925 fps seems to be a sweet spot for slug shooting and you don't have to have cannonball size slugs either. BTW, my reg is set at 150 bar. I do have an Impact with a 600 MM barrel in .25 cal with the reg set at 155 and it likes JSB KO slugs so far. Another fact is that all my barrels have Huma dual transfer ports and pin probes. No slug kits and the barrel liners are the standards. Learn to shoot the gun and put the tools away.

Alright y’all , let’s discuss and go back and fourth with this a bit.

I have a .25 500mm crown mkii. I am shooting the 26gr JSB pellets, loves em at 900 and is deadly out to 100 yards with calm winds. I want to shoot slugs, and before you guys say anything, this gun can shoot slugs, and I am determined to get it to do so. Don’t need another gun for slugs.

I installed the slug power kit and it was great, slinging 34 or whatever grain NSAs at 970-980 and was getting pretty decent accuracy. But my shot count was terrible. Couldn’t do it anymore so pulled the kit and went back to shooting pellets today.

I want to hear your guys experiences. Crown owners. Do you need to shoot your slugs that fast ? I have seen guys shooting NSA slugs at 880-900 and they are deadly.

Can I just throw the pin probe only in for that little boost while still being efficient on air?

Have you added a thicker spacer on the spring seat to get a bit more tension?

What are y’all doing to shoot slugs accurately with your MKII Crown in .25?

Thank you !
There's a guy on YT, Aim Small, his hame's Gert, and he does some really cool tests, one of which is testing how SLOW the slugs can go and still be accurate. The name of the vid is: "22gr Velocity test, how slow can they go?", but check out the rest of his vids...there will be something there you'll find interesting. I've been over the majority of them several times. That should give you a good idea for your testing.

Depending on which barrel / shroud, you have, you can turn the barrel 180 degrees and move from the pellet port to the slug port (I have that on both of my 22 barrels, the 380 and 700)...I have the synthetic continuum.
Contrary to what I thought, doing the above does NOT severely reduce the shot count (as the amount of air is still the same due to reg and HS setup), but it DOES add another 50 (with heavier rounds) to 150 (with lighter rounds) to your FPS for the same Port and HS settings. I learnt that from Gert...he has replied to every question I have asked showing genuine interest, feedback and followup.

Good luck.

Reactions: alpineboard