FX Crown MK3 Probability?

Hope so! Hope they will have a crown with micro-adjustment like Panthera and M3 plus a slightly bigger plenum. But frankly I think they have squeezed just about most they can out of the platform so likely just slight improvements and new models like Panthera going forward. As much as I love the side gauges it would look awful on a classic wood stock. After receiving my Panthera my ST chassis crown will either get sold or tuned down and switch back to GRS stock.

Edit: juice up the crown too much then it will risk losing lower power performance. IMHO the MK2 Crown is already juiced up a bit too much and not as pleasant to shoot at lower power. The original Crown is just a joy to shoot with lower reg and lighter hammer resulting in a quieter and smoother gun especially at lower power. I regret selling my Gen 1.5 crown for my MK2. Granted the Dreamline fill the lower power niche very nicely but still. Guess FX will have Dreamline, Crown and Panthera for low, medium and high power lineup.

Last edited:
I love my MK2 Crown as it is. So much so that I bought another one when it popped up on the classifieds. I would gladly jump on a MK3 though if they gave us the external micro-adjustments that the M3 has. The one downside of my MK2 is that I have to take off the stock to make the fine hammer pre-load adjustments. With my Saber Tactical chassis (on both rifles) it is not a simple job to remove the stock.
Kenny

Maybe the micro adjust, but I am thinking the next iteration of the Crown will be with the Panthera block and a forward mounted bottle.
I have no idea if that is even possible, but if it is, I would be looking that direction.
I too love my MKII. It is causing my M3 to spend more time in the case these days.

Maybe the micro adjust, but I am thinking the next iteration of the Crown will be with the Panthera block and a forward mounted bottle.
I have no idea if that is even possible, but if it is, I would be looking that direction.
I too love my MKII. It is causing my M3 to spend more time in the case these days.
I’d like to see the plenum based barrel stiffening technology on the Crown but I’m guessing it would make barrel changes too complicated and compete with the Panthera too early in its marketing life cycle. This whole market segmentation philosophy that manufacturers play is annoying sometimes…

-Marty

I 'd already be very happy if FX came up with a Crown bottle connector carrying a primary regulator inside of it, so as to be able to make the most of my 300bar bottles with 300bar valve.

As qball has already indicated, i too suspect the Crown platform is pushing against its limits.
I m guessing that even the slightest of additional 'upgrade efforts' in and/or around the block, will change the look and very possibly also 'the feel' of the classic wood stock version of the rifle as it is now. Not looking forward to that.

Only just a multifunctional bottle adapter/connector with a primary regulator in it will suffice.

For the rest, the gun is good enough as it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartyMcFly
I love my MK2 Crown as it is. So much so that I bought another one when it popped up on the classifieds. I would gladly jump on a MK3 though if they gave us the external micro-adjustments that the M3 has. The one downside of my MK2 is that I have to take off the stock to make the fine hammer pre-load adjustments. With my Saber Tactical chassis (on both rifles) it is not a simple job to remove the stock.
Kenny
Just cut the stock

If I had a synthetic stock, perhaps. I do have a walnut stock, but won’t be able to bring myself to do that deed, even if it is a lesser grade walnut.
I think that with the Walnut stock it’s actually easier to make the modification look decent but I’d be hesitant too in case of a mess up.

-Marty

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
I have a Gen 1.5 Crown. That model is better than the Mark II version. I would appreciate a better barrel mount method, but increasing muzzle velocity is truly stupid. Increasing velocity is possible for only a small increase but it comes at the cost of efficiency, consistency and gun stress. The real limiting factor is HPA. If more energy is needed, the solution will always be a larger caliber. PCP is best used at ranges 100 meters or less. If longer ranges are needed, the best choices for both accuracy and economy will always be PBs. In point of fact, a Diabolic pellet is an advantage because of its limited range as it allows safer usage in populated areas It is always better to use the right tool for the task at hand.

I have a Gen 1.5 Crown. That model is better than the Mark II version. I would appreciate a better barrel mount method, but increasing muzzle velocity is truly stupid. Increasing velocity is possible for only a small increase but it comes at the cost of efficiency, consistency and gun stress. The real limiting factor is HPA. If more energy is needed, the solution will always be a larger caliber. PCP is best used at ranges 100 meters or less. If longer ranges are needed, the best choices for both accuracy and economy will always be PBs. In point of fact, a Diabolic pellet is an advantage because of its limited range as it allows safer usage in populated areas It is always better to use the right tool for the task at hand.
I guess I’ve been doing all wrong then…who’d a thought?

I guess I’ve been doing all wrong then…who’d a thought?
Scotty, you can use sarcasm all you want, but you should know with all your experience, just how much that last 10% cost and I am being generous at 10%. Reality is more often than not less than 5%. Consider history for a moment. Prior to the invention of smokeless powder, higher energy was always generated with heavier projectiles. It was the development of modern propellant that allowed the high pressures required for today's ammunition velocities.That is not so different to HPA's limitations today.