• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown MK2 vs. Crown Mk2 Continuum?

Question for the FX experts ‘in the know’:

Is there a difference in the Crown Mk2 vs the Crown Continuum?

Let’s say, same caliber and same barrel length Crown Mk2 vs the Continuum Mk2 in same caliber and same barrel length (which is 380 cm & 700 cm)

Is the MK2 Continuum just a package deal with a fitted case and two barrels, whereas the Crown MK2 is just a rifle with single barrel?

I’m interested in one or the other Crown Mk2

Question for the FX experts ‘in the know’:

Is there a difference in the Crown Mk2 vs the Crown Continuum?

Let’s say, same caliber and same barrel length Crown Mk2 vs the Continuum Mk2 in same caliber and same barrel length (which is 380 cm & 700 cm)

Is the MK2 Continuum just a package deal with a fitted case and two barrels, whereas the Crown MK2 is just a rifle with single barrel?

I’m interested in one or the other Crown Mk2
No difference in the rifle at all. With the Continuum you simply get the two barrels (380mm and 700mm) in whatever caliber you buy (plus a fitted case which only accommodates the 380mm barrel on the gun. its a good deal IF you want the 700mm barrel and the 380mm barrel, since, as i recall, it only costs about $100 more than a single barreled gun.

No difference in the rifle at all. With the Continuum you simply get the two barrels (380mm and 700mm) in whatever caliber you buy (plus a fitted case which only accommodates the 380mm barrel on the gun. its a good deal IF you want the 700mm barrel and the 380mm barrel, since, as i recall, it only costs about $100 more than a single barreled gun.
For the record, that extra $100.00 has been upped to $150.00 for a while now. It's still a good deal, especially, as you said, you want the 380 and 700mm barrels. S7

They are both GREAT guns! But depending on what you are planning on doing with the rifle, will decide what rifle you get.

Are you going to be swapping the barrels a ton, or not? Just know that you can't get the 380mm barrel on its own.

Meh.
IF I look into a second airgun, it will be the continuum w/ the black pepper laminate
Why ask your question if you already have your mind made up?
:sleep:

Was testing on one last summer and with the 380 barrel in 25 cal I was able to push a pellet at 850 fps. Just by swapping the barrel from the 380 to the 700 you will go well over 1000.

Goldwing..... call FX and ask them if you can order just the 380mm barrel. Last time I talked to them I was told that they are not available on their own, only with the Continuum.

Was testing on one last summer and with the 380 barrel in 25 cal I was able to push a pellet at 850 fps. Just by swapping the barrel from the 380 to the 700 you will go well over 1000.

Goldwing..... call FX and ask them if you can order just the 380mm barrel. Last time I talked to them I was told that they are not available on their own, only with the Continuum.
Who care, don't want a dink pistol barrel anyway

For the record, gentleman, you can get the Crown .380 barrel either with the gun or separately. I presently have the .25 380 on my Continuum. I did not think I would care for it, but I got used to its portability instantly. If I want more thump, it’s in my case. If I buy the .22 barrel kit, it will likely be the .500mm. Take care. S7

Reactions: whyzee
I bought the Continuum in .25. I then bought a heavy slug liner for the 700mm and a .22 liner for the .380. I like the idea of a 380mm .22 for backyard use and the 380 .25 for small game hunting and the 700 slug liner for longer range prairie dogs and coyotes out her in Oklahoma.
All other things being equal, do you find the 700mm barrel quieter in .25 or the .22 quieter in the 380mm? Thanks. S7

Edit: To clarify, what sound levels can you observe in different calibers or barrel lengths? Thanks. S7

Last edited: