• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX crown MK2 synthetic

Just bought a synthetic FX Crown M2 from Utah airguns - i grilled them for days and they were freakin' awesome. they had/have some "refurbished"..laying around on big discount. i'd check them out for sure.
Congratulations on you new Crown, they are very nice rifles!

Buy one from a reputable seller like airguns of Arizona. Or buy one second hand from a reputable forum member. Idk who you spoke to, but it doesn't sound right. The crown is extremely accurate. Not known for being leaky either. Just make sure to use silicone grease on the smooth (non threaded) sides of the bottle adapter if you plan to remove the bottle under pressure. The oring inside the bottle valve can tear if this isn't lubed.
A fellow in the sales (Wethy) has a real nice one for sale, but it is a Black Pepper Laminate.

Just bought a synthetic FX Crown M2 from Utah airguns - i grilled them for days and they were freakin' awesome. they had/have some "refurbished"..laying around on big discount. i'd check them out for sure.
Nice!
I bought one from them over at Utah Airguns today. Those folks actually work with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr12PM
I have had my .25 Crown Mkii Continuum going on 2 years now. Great power and Outstanding accuracy with absolutely NO issues.
20220504_193428.jpg

I personally would degass when dropping the reg but that is just me. You can always start low on reg pressure and work it and the HS up together until you reach your desired velocity range.
I agree with Trucker. I think the info put out originally about lowering pressure while pressurized, then fire a shot, was a mistake to even publish. Yeah, for a few adjustments it might be fine but over time the plastic tip on the brass piston(or tip period, on a plastic piston), will get badly worn and creep will soon be knocking on your door.

It’s best to just degas, close the reg CW to a soft stop, open a whole turn and a half CCW, air back up, then open reg to your desired setting. A whole turn and a half CCW from a soft stop will put you at around 80 BAR.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Probably talking about the barrel having a slug/pellet transfer port.
Even using the slug port on the STX, it's recommended to use a slug liner for anything more than 27gr (which my Crown Mk2 just LOVES. I don't have access to anything heavier to test with at the moment.

The slug port uses the same amount of air as the pellet port, the IHS determines the amount of air. The slug port just let's it out in a shorter burst.

Reactions: .20calguy