• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX crown MK2 synthetic

Hello everyone
I want to buy FX crown MK2 synthetic in.22 cal,
Plz guide me frnds should i buy this airgun or not
Because some body told me that this airgun has some leakage issues and accuracy issues aldo
I have had my Crown Continuum for over a year now. Laser beam accurate and absolutely no problems out of it yet.

Reactions: .20calguy
The FX Crown MK2 in .22 is my favorite rifle currently. I like it so much that I bought a second one. Although my second one now wears a .177 barrel. I love them both. In my humble opinion the Crown MK2 is the perfect air rifle for my needs and use. I’d recommend getting it with a 600mm barrel. That’s a good compromise between over all length and good power. If you are planning to only shoot pellets and don’t need extra power for slugs then a 500 mm would be great too. The Crown MK2 platform allows the user to have a lot of fun fine tuning and experimenting with lots of adjustments or if you want just leave it as is and have a great time shooting pellets. Mine does really really great with the JSB 18.13 and with the NSA 24.8 grain slugs. I’ve never had any problems with either of my Crowns. Please let me know if you have any specific questions that I can answer.
Kenny
How can i set up my FX crown continum MK2 synthetic.22 cal internal hammer setting، and how i can know the max and minimum setying internally because there are no signs inside ، and tha last question is that nessacery to do the internal hammer setting tooo ، or only externally setting can work for 25 or 27 grein slugs for long range

How can i set up my FX crown continum MK2 synthetic.22 cal internal hammer setting، and how i can know the max and minimum setying internally because there are no signs inside ، and tha last question is that nessacery to do the internal hammer setting tooo ، or only externally setting can work for 25 or 27 grein slugs for long range
You will need to adjust the internal hammer "pre-load" as well. That's the one where you have to remove the stock to make adjustments. Do you own a chronograph? You will definitely need a chronograph to make accurate adjustments and keep track of your progress. Have you watched the AEAC Crown tuning video on Youtube? It is an excellent easy to follow tuning guide for the Crown Continuum or the Mark 2. Here is a link to it:
A couple things to keep in mind when adjusting the Crown power settings. Never turn the dials or adjust the pre-load while the gun is cocked. You will feel extra resistance if you do and can damage the power wheel. If you adjust the internal pre-load adjustment too far you will find that your main power wheel will no longer turn smoothly or at all. If this happens just slightly back off the pre-load and it will be fine again.
When tuned for slugs in my Crown MK2 my internal pre-load is nearly maxed out. Much farther and it would be binding up like I just described above. My regulator is right about 140 BAR. My transfer port wheel is on high. That is probably a good place to start if you are looking for a starting location. From there try each of the levels on your power wheel and see what they produce power wise. This is where you will need the chronograph.
I really recommend watching the AEAC video at least once before you do any tuning.

You will need to adjust the internal hammer "pre-load" as well. That's the one where you have to remove the stock to make adjustments. Do you own a chronograph? You will definitely need a chronograph to make accurate adjustments and keep track of your progress. Have you watched the AEAC Crown tuning video on Youtube? It is an excellent easy to follow tuning guide for the Crown Continuum or the Mark 2. Here is a link to it:
A couple things to keep in mind when adjusting the Crown power settings. Never turn the dials or adjust the pre-load while the gun is cocked. You will feel extra resistance if you do and can damage the power wheel. If you adjust the internal pre-load adjustment too far you will find that your main power wheel will no longer turn smoothly or at all. If this happens just slightly back off the pre-load and it will be fine again.
When tuned for slugs in my Crown MK2 my internal pre-load is nearly maxed out. Much farther and it would be binding up like I just described above. My regulator is right about 140 BAR. My transfer port wheel is on high. That is probably a good place to start if you are looking for a starting location. From there try each of the levels on your power wheel and see what they produce power wise. This is where you will need the chronograph.
I really recommend watching the AEAC video at least once before you do any tuning.
Thanks bro , i have watched this video but i didn't get sense about the internal hammer setting, but now i will watch it again, but plz tell me one thing what is the internal hammer setting from the factory,because i have new Gun. And the last thing is can i do these internal hammer setting easily because i have not much idea about FX crown, and the last thing is yes i have a chronoghraph

I don't think that there is a "standard" factory setting for the internal pre-load. But since you want to tune for slugs it doesn't really matter because you are going to basically max it out anyway. In the video when Steve talks about the "neutral cam" he is referring to adjustments to the internal preload. The internal pre-load and your main power wheel are working together. Wherever the preload is adjusted will determine the limits of how much movement there can be on the power wheel. Lets say for example that your power wheel is on number 10 and you are getting X fps on the chronograph. Now if you make a change to the pre-load your number 10 on the power wheel will no longer be the same hammer tension and your velocity will have changed. Think of the pre-load as a parameter within which the power wheel can work. Change the pre-load and the power wheel now has new parameters to work within. I hope that makes sense. I'm not a great teacher :)
For you (since you want to shoot slugs) I would suggest putting the preload almost to max. But not so high that you bind up the power wheel. Then set the reg to somewhere between 140-150 BAR. Mine is at 140. Then start shooting your chosen slug over the chronograph at each of the settings on the power wheel and see what you get. I have found that the NSA 24.8 grain slug in .218" has performed great at about 940-950 fps in an Impact, a Crown MK2 and a Dreamline. If you have that slug I would start there. Slugs do like a clean barrel so I would clean first and then allow the barrel to "season" in with the slugs as you do the initial chronograph work.
Kenny

I don't think that there is a "standard" factory setting for the internal pre-load. But since you want to tune for slugs it doesn't really matter because you are going to basically max it out anyway. In the video when Steve talks about the "neutral cam" he is referring to adjustments to the internal preload. The internal pre-load and your main power wheel are working together. Wherever the preload is adjusted will determine the limits of how much movement there can be on the power wheel. Lets say for example that your power wheel is on number 10 and you are getting X fps on the chronograph. Now if you make a change to the pre-load your number 10 on the power wheel will no longer be the same hammer tension and your velocity will have changed. Think of the pre-load as a parameter within which the power wheel can work. Change the pre-load and the power wheel now has new parameters to work within. I hope that makes sense. I'm not a great teacher :)
For you (since you want to shoot slugs) I would suggest putting the preload almost to max. But not so high that you bind up the power wheel. Then set the reg to somewhere between 140-150 BAR. Mine is at 140. Then start shooting your chosen slug over the chronograph at each of the settings on the power wheel and see what you get. I have found that the NSA 24.8 grain slug in .218" has performed great at about 940-950 fps in an Impact, a Crown MK2 and a Dreamline. If you have that slug I would start there. Slugs do like a clean barrel so I would clean first and then allow the barrel to "season" in with the slugs as you do the initial chronograph work.
Kenny
Yes sir i understood very well all you said, first i will not go on internal settings, i would try for regulator and external power settings. If work not done on my wishes then i will touch the internal proload, thanks for your time bro

22 GRS

20230211_180239.jpg

I don’t know how to exactly adjust the internal hammer on the crown but I do own a Maverick and this is what I do. It is a little bit of trial and error but I pick a reg pressure from doing some research online for the projectile I plan to shoot. Once that reg pressure is set I put the power wheel on max and shoot over the chrono. Adjust the internal hammer spring in small increments to find the max velocity the gun will achieve at that reg setting. You will find this when adding more preload produces no increase in velocity and may actually cause a decrease. This is why you adjust in small increments as you don’t want to way over shoot this point. Once this point is found I then slightly reduce the hammer spring just a bit. This will tell you if you are in the right ballpark with your reg pressure. Does this velocity meet what you were looking for? If not you readjust the reg and repeat. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with the crown so I don’t really know what reg pressure to recommend for starting however the above tuning concept remains the same.

Can i increase and dicrease the regulator pressure without Degas the gun in FX crown continum MK2 synthetic
With the latest FX regulator you are supposed to be able to safely decrease the reg pressure in very small increments at a time. I do it and so far no problem. What you want to do is turn the adjustment a quarter turn and then fire a shot. Then another quarter turn and fire a shot. That works if you are only adjusting a little way. If you want to decrease a lot then it’s best to de-gas first. When going up in reg pressure there is no problem just slowly opening up to whatever pressure you want.
Kenny

Reactions: Maarodigro
Good plan. But don’t worry about the internal preload adjustment. The hardest part is taking the stock off.
Can i increase and dicrease the regulator pressure without Degas the gun in FX crown continum MK2 synthetic
With the latest FX regulator you are supposed to be able to safely decrease the reg pressure in very small increments at a time. I do it and so far no problem. What you want to do is turn the adjustment a quarter turn and then fire a shot. Then another quarter turn and fire a shot. That works if you are only adjusting a little way. If you want to decrease a lot then it’s best to de-gas first. When going up in reg pressure there is no problem just slowly opening up to whatever pressure you want.
Kenny
Ok thanks alot

I personally would degass when dropping the reg but that is just me. You can always start low on reg pressure and work it and the HS up together until you reach your desired velocity range.

Reactions: Maarodigro