FX CROWN MK2 NORDIC WOLF .25 CAL - WHAT ARE USERS OPINIONS??

Hi everyone.

I have owned a .25 Daystate Redwolf for the last few years and have put it to good use with all types of pellets and slugs and also installed a Helliboard which opened up a whole new dimension of tuning but the time has come to trade this lovely rifle in for a younger model which, after some deliberation, i think i have decided on a .25 FX crown Mk 2 with a GRS Nordic wolf stock. can anyone tell me what there experiences are like with the crown Mk 2? after owning a M3 for the last year i can definitely say that the FX bug has firmly bitten me and although the crown platform doesn't have the complete tun-ability of the impact, i still would like to know what other shooters who have had one a while ( especially .25)think of there crowns. what is the rifles out of the box accuracy like? what is it like with slugs? i am thinking i might get it with the 600mm barrel to keep the length down...

Reactions: Nords
I love my MKII. I'm on the edge right now of buying another one, but in Walnut. I've got a 500mm barrel on mine right now and it shoots NSA's 17.5's and 20.3's very tight at 50. The GRS stock would be a more stable platform on the bench than the standard version, considering it's weight. I've owned or own 13 FX airguns and accuracy has never been a problem, especially with pellets. I also have a .25cal 600mm barrel and it was a great shooter. It would shoot JSB KO MKII slugs lights out at 50, and I mean 1 hole at 50. It was very impressive with pellets as well.

I own two MK II Crowns currently, and prior to that I had two of the original Crowns. Obviously I love them. I don’t have a GRS stock, but I have thought about it many times. I’m in the process of picking up a Saber Tactical Chassis to go with the Walnut and Laminate stocks that are on my two rifles right now. I think the Crown is an absolute top notch gun so I don’t think you can go wrong. I’ve had a GRS stock on a powder burner and loved it, so i would say go for it.

Chris

I love my MKII. I'm on the edge right now of buying another one, but in Walnut. I've got a 500mm barrel on mine right now and it shoots NSA's 17.5's and 20.3's very tight at 50. The GRS stock would be a more stable platform on the bench than the standard version, considering it's weight. I've owned or own 13 FX airguns and accuracy has never been a problem, especially with pellets. I also have a .25cal 600mm barrel and it was a great shooter. It would shoot JSB KO MKII slugs lights out at 50, and I mean 1 hole at 50. It was very impressive with pellets as well.
What velocity are you getting with the mk2 knockouts?

I love my Crown MKII in 25. I went with the 600mm barrel so that shooting slugs would be easier.
It is shooting NSA 26.8 slugs @ 980 accurately. I believe this is at the edge of what it will do without some modification.
I had a GRS version with shorter barrels. I really liked the shorter barrels for pellets but disliked the GRS stock.
The grip area was too bulky for my small hands but the gun did shoot quite well.

Reactions: Redwolfpaul25
Hi,
Just browsing through the forum and decided to read this thread. I have a new Crown MkII in .177 with the Green Mountain GRS stock. I find this to be everything I have wanted from a high-end airgun. It is very accurate out to the 60 yds I have tested so far - it is going to be my new HFT rifle. I really love the feel of the GRS stock, but I did do a mod with the butt. The adjustable but pad is nice, but I have been using the Krayford and Lypt KLS-M butt hook and really like that. I had to make a transition piece to go between the GRS butt plate and the KLS-M out of white oak, but it works really well.

I also want to dispel the idea that the GRS stocks are heavy. I know the tech specs on the FX website says that a Crown MkII with a GRS stock and a 500 mm barrel weighs 9.6 lbs. Well it doesn't. It actually weighs 6.7 lbs. I weighed the stock and the rest of the rifle separately and found: stock - 2.27 lbs, receiver, barrel and bottle - 4.43 lbs. That means the GRS stock rifle is almost exactly the same as the published weight of the synthetic stock and a few ounces heavier than the walnut stock.

Cheers,
Greg

I also want to dispel the idea that the GRS stocks are heavy. I know the tech specs on the FX website says that a Crown MkII with a GRS stock and a 500 mm barrel weighs 9.6 lbs. Well it doesn't. It actually weighs 6.7 lbs. I weighed the stock and the rest of the rifle separately and found: stock - 2.27 lbs, receiver, barrel and bottle - 4.43 lbs. That means the GRS stock rifle is almost exactly the same as the published weight of the synthetic stock and a few ounces heavier than the walnut stock.

Cheers,
Greg
I’m glad you mentioned this. The GRS is slightly bulky (or maybe it feels like more than a toy) but the wood is not heavy or dense. I know because I own three GRS stocked rifles including a Nordic Wolf Crown MkII in .22. None of the GRS stocks feel heavy.

GRS laminate wood is not hard and pressure marks easily, so I do t recommend it if you want a stock that is resistant to bumps and dings.

I have a Nordic Wolf Mk II in .22 with a 600mm pipe. Striking looking, very nicely made, extremely adjustable / tunable and just ridiculously accurate. I have not put sufficient effort into noodling out the Slug shooting sweet spot (yet) but the performance out to 50-60 yards with Pellets at the regular “powder burner range” I go to just blows those guys heads into the next zip code when they see the groups it shoots.😂😂.

i Run her at 140 Bar and have a very broad range of velocities to apply to pellets from 15g to 25g. It can easily push the 18g JSB’s through 1,000 fps on hi hammer wheel setting (too fast) but down around 890 fps on wheel set #6 it is simply Stupid-accurate. It will also just stack JSB 25.4 redesigns into a Dime or Less @ 50 yds. for about 70 rnds from 250 down to 150 Bar and make most of the small bore guys drool.

Every time i shoot I just find myself Giggling inside and muttering “it’s only an air rifle” to myself under my breath.

Just an amazing machine…(coming from a very experienced HP rifle shooter and reloading enthusiast)

Reactions: weehooker
Crown is easier to shoot than impact, what’s your use case? Bench or all around? Bench only then the ST chassis is better, GRS is almost as good off the bench but much nicer overall ergonomics. If you want to shoot slugs then order the heavy liner with carbon sleeve, crank your reg to 150 bars and have fun. If you want heavier slugs then get the crown power kit and 700cc bottle.

Reactions: Redwolfpaul25
I won’t talk power, as mine are UK based and sub-12. However very accurate with the STX barrels with JSB pellets in 0.177”, 0.22” and 0.25”. I get 10.34gr 0.177” pellets running ~710fps grouping out to 70 yards under an inch. Love the Mk1 but the GRS is beautiful and fits me; try before you buy!

I have also had LW barrels made for mine, the Mk1 is running a 0.25” 380mm STX barrel (to keep it legal when swapping from 0.177”) and the GRS has a 500mm LW barrel (ie a conventionally rifled barrel).

Plus I would say Mountain Green over Nordic Wolf!

13701CCA-154A-4D6F-9300-4930FAEC136C.jpeg

Last edited:
Crown is easier to shoot than impact, what’s your use case? Bench or all around? Bench only then the ST chassis is better, GRS is almost as good off the bench but much nicer overall ergonomics. If you want to shoot slugs then order the heavy liner with carbon sleeve, crank your reg to 150 bars and have fun. If you want heavier slugs then get the crown power kit and 700cc bottle.
Did you fit the slug power kit? qball? Any issues?

Did you fit the slug power kit? qball? Any issues?

Yes and no issues at all so far after about 2000 slugs. With power slug kit, 700mm heavy and reg at 155 I am shooting .22 cal 35 grain slugs @920fps. Very good accuracy, easy sub MOA at 100 yards and more. Still quite settled or not a lot of recoil and easy to shoot, for long range I prefer my crown over my impact.

Last edited:
Sí y ningún problema hasta ahora después de aproximadamente 2000 slugs. Con el kit de balas de potencia, 700 mm de peso y registro a 155, estoy disparando balas de 35 granos de calibre .22 a 920 fps. Muy buena precisión, fácil sub MOA a 100 yardas y más. Todavía bastante asentado o sin mucho retroceso y fácil de disparar, para largo alcance prefiero mi corona sobre mi impacto.
¡¡¡¡Guau!!!! esos numeros con 35g los alcanzo con mi M3 en 600mm a 155 bar y peso huma hammer de 8,4gr......920fps alcanzando objetivos a 205 mt.....En cuanto a mi Crown....Acabo de instalar el resorte huma y elevé el regulador a 140 bar...aumenté el micro ajuste a 7,5 mm desde macro 23 y estaba disparando jsb knock out 25.39 .217 entre 970-980 fps en 600 mm stxs 1:24.