• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx crown mk2 .25 shooting NSA 29.0gr slugs...can anyone explain this?

Milf Dots

Jul 7, 2022
Aloha
Why does my crown start off in the mid 900's and then gradually drop to the mid 700s fps?? What am I doing wrong here?

Screenshot_20230704_092530_FX Radar.jpg

It’s acting unregulated. If the reg gauge is staying steady, I would try lowering reg pressure. Too high reg pressure for hammer can cause it to look like it’s unregulated with velocity. That a pretty big drop though, I would look at possible reg issues for that big of a difference
I did purchase an Extra high pressure gen 3 huma regulator for the fx crown, should I install that and see if the problem subsides?

I did purchase an Extra high pressure gen 3 huma regulator for the fx crown, should I install that and see if the problem subsides?
First I would watch the reg gauge for inconsistencies. You should notice a decent drop or raise in reg pressure for that big of a difference in velocity. Also, make sure you’re not dropping off reg as your shots decrease.
Offhand, what reg pressure are you currently running?

should i lower it?

Yes i do, i have the slug power kit, with the tungsten hammer, and the pin probe, and the huma transfer port
If you have the tungsten hammer in the gun, I would take that out. Also I would not put the extra high reg pressure on there, that's for 165b to 190b which is way more than you would need for your set up, and would open an even b8gger can of worms atm.

What's your air consumption looking like? How many shots per fill are you currently getting? Is your gun overly loud when you shoot? I would also check the reg gage as suggested.

Reactions: qball
If you have the tungsten hammer in the gun, I would take that out. Also I would not put the extra high reg pressure on there, that's for 165b to 190b which is way more than you would need for your set up, and would open an even b8gger can of worms atm.

What's your air consumption looking like? How many shots per fill are you currently getting? Is your gun overly loud when you shoot? I would also check the reg gage as suggested.
👆👆👆

This right here. Tungsten hammer is WAY too heavy for that reg pressure. You could go to a heavier hammer, but the tungsten is just too much.

should i lower it?
First I would watch the reg gauge for inconsistencies. You should notice a decent drop or raise in reg pressure for that big of a difference in velocity. Also, make sure you’re not dropping off reg as your shots decrease.
Offhand, what reg pressure are you currently running?
I never go below the reg pressure, i always refill at 200bar

ok, thank you, ill give this a shot, no pun intended! =)

Reactions: JaceSpace1369