FX FX crown mk1 vs mk2

I believe I am aware of most differences. I am having trouble finding power specs of the original version? I see in .30 (what I’m mainly interested in) that the mk2 is rated up to 91 ft/lbs when i look up the vp model with 600 mm barrel. I have no idea if this is an across the board maximum rating with a 700mm barrel or specific to the 600? I guess what I’m asking is in .30 cal with 600mm barrel what would the approximate max energy to be expected out of the mk1 ? What about mk2? Trying to figure out if the mk1 would be a worthy gun to buy.

In my mk1 I can squeeze 85fpe (jsb 44.75gr @ 925fps) thru 600mm @ roughly 150 bar. But this is with 7gm hammer weight added. Unmodified valve and valve seat. Port and probe massaged a little.

Realistically, without the weight or port work I'd expect 75fpe or so. So, 870fps with 44.75gr, still very respectable, and honestly a better velocity for shooting thru cross winds.

I believe the mk1 has a ~25cc plenum. I know the mk2 has a larger plenum. I want to say somewhere in the ballpark of 25-30% larger?

Reactions: Trucker3573
In my mk1 I can squeeze 85fpe (jsb 44.75gr @ 925fps) thru 600mm @ roughly 150 bar. But this is with 7gm hammer weight added. Unmodified valve and valve seat. Port and probe massaged a little.

Realistically, without the weight or port work I'd expect 75fpe or so. So, 870fps with 44.75gr, still very respectable, and honestly a better velocity for shooting thru cross winds.

I believe the mk1 has a ~25cc plenum. I know the mk2 has a larger plenum. I want to say somewhere in the ballpark of 25-30% larger?
Thanks for the info. Yeah that is a respectable power. Just always have looked at crowns and really liked them. With a stock hammer weight what do you think the max useable reg pressure would be ? Thanks again

Thanks for the info. Yeah that is a respectable power. Just always have looked at crowns and really liked them. With a stock hammer weight what do you think the max useable reg pressure would be ? Thanks again
Seemed to be that peak output was around 130 bar. But you'd really have to run it over a chrono to be sure.

Reactions: Trucker3573