• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown MK II scope rings?

Greetings.
I have an FX Crown MK II that I got recently got from an AGN member. I am now looking over the myriads of possible scopes. To the point, I have two related questions.
1. What rings fit the Crown besides the FX No Limit and Eagle Vision ones?
2. I assume that rings have to accommodate the size of an objective lens?

If there is another post answering these questions, I did not see it.

Thank you. S7

Last edited:
I have a 50 mm objective lens and I am glad that I went with the FX No Limit rings. I had to raise the rings up 2-2.5mm to get the magazine in on my Crowm mk2.

Take care, Bernie.
Okay, so regardless of whether the objective lens is 40 or 50 mm, the Crown magazine requires high rings like the FX NL ones. Right?
Thank you.

On the crown mk2 you have to worry more about clearing the magazine than you do the objective. Both my mk 2’s needed taller rings than required for the objective to clear the magazine. Warn and vortex both have rings that are tall enough if you dont want the fx no limit ones.
This is helpful information. I figured, but was not positive. Would these rings you speak of have a more specific name? And where can they be found? My interest in checking out different rings is mainly price, and to a lesser extent, weight, if this latter concern even amounts to anything.
One more thing: Do you have a preference?
Thank you.
S7

This is helpful information. I figured, but was not positive. Would these rings you speak of have a more specific name? And where can they be found? My interest in checking out different rings is mainly price, and to a lesser extent, weight, if this latter concern even amounts to anything.
One more thing: Do you have a preference?
Thank you.
S7
I prefer the vortex rings but the warn are very solid. Like ryang said I use extra high rings on my crown mk2’s.

I prefer the vortex rings but the warn are very solid. Like ryang said I use extra high rings on my crown mk2’s.
Thanks. I just got FX rings. I couldn't find the Warne rings. I saw a pair of Vortex rings from Utah Air, but did not know if they were the right ones. They were the "Pro" rings (?), if I remember correctly. Take care.

To whom it concerns, I now need the scope. I have heard a lot of people speak of the Element Helix line in very modest terms. And now I am hearing a lot about its unforgiving eyepiece. Some love the Helixes, but many do not. I like the newer Helix 44mm objective because it is a tad lighter than its slightly bigger brother. The advantage of low-light and distance shooting is less of a concern to me, so a 50mm objective is not presently an imperative. I bought the Crown MK II in synthetic trim in part due to its weight. I am trying to get a scope that will not take me in the other direction, weight-wise. I do seem to hear a lot of consistently good things about the Midas Tac. I would consider the 44mm OL. Thanks.

Thanks. I just got FX rings. I couldn't find the Warne rings. I saw a pair of Vortex rings from Utah Air, but did not know if they were the right ones. They were the "Pro" rings (?), if I remember correctly. Take care.
Update: Something happened with my PA order and my FX No Limit rings are not coming. And PA is presently out of stock. I liked the FX rings because they are two ounces lighter than the EagleVision ones. I am trying to keep my synthetic stock MK II as light as possible. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Update: Something happened with my PA order and my FX No Limit rings are not coming. And PA is presently out of stock. I liked the FX rings because they are two ounces lighter than the EagleVision ones. I am trying to keep my synthetic stock MK II as light as possible. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Vortex pro rings extra high in 30mm is what I used for my crown to clear the magazine.

Copy. I looked at PA, AGD, and Utah Air, and so far, no dice. I may check around may area. Thanks.
Goldwing seems to have them for sale here, and I found them on Amazon. I went for the longer dollar and the fast shipping by just getting them on Amazon. Thanks again for the help. The vortex rings are light and seem be be about the same as the FX ones. Take care.

Goldwing seems to have them for sale here, and I found them on Amazon. I went for the longer dollar and the fast shipping by just getting them on Amazon. Thanks again for the help. The vortex rings are light and seem be be about the same as the FX ones. Take care.
They are solid rings and I have used them on many centerfire rifles with no issue.

Reactions: Sanctify7