• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX Crown MII GRS

Got the grs continuum this past May. I started with neutral cam hammer spring, and worked up from there. Presently at 130 bar , 760 fps, 27 hn slug, with the 380mm barrel. The 700mm will do approx 850 at 110 bar with same.
Hint, check your barrel spacer distances. Watch the youtubes on tuning.
Sorry, do the barrels need to be gapped?

Hi all, I just placed an order for an FX Crown MkII GRS. I’ll use it in 25 yrd benchrest and field target.
Its chmbered in .177.
I have no experience with FX products and do not know how to get a good sub 20fpe tune with a 10.34 pellet.
Any suggestions for an initial setup would be greatly appreciated.
Depending on the size of your hands the GRS is pretty chunky and not really made for walk about hunting, I sold my GRS stock for a more traditional stock.
The GRS is the heaviest of all FX stocks for the Crown, made especially for bench and not that good for bench at that.
And no where to put a rear worm screw adjuster or any rail for a front bipod ether, stuck with a bunch of sand bag clutter
Went this way with a custom made rear mount for the Saber monopod system (no sandbag crap needed)

WOOD CROWN FUJI.jpg

Sorry, do the barrels need to be gapped?
There are support spacers inside the barrel shroud, to support the barrel, as the barrel is only attached at the receiver end, it free floats, kind of, but these spacers aid in its support and need to be in proper positions. I got my crown last May , and wish I had checked them immediately. There is a youtube vid on this, can not seem to find it now, search FX barrel swap,replace, or similar.

Depending on the size of your hands the GRS is pretty chunky and not really made for walk about hunting, I sold my GRS stock for a more traditional stock.
The GRS is the heaviest of all FX stocks for the Crown, made especially for bench and not that good for bench at that.
And no where to put a rear worm screw adjuster or any rail for a front bipod ether, stuck with a bunch of sand bag clutter
Went this way with a custom made rear mount for the Saber monopod system (no sandbag crap needed)

View attachment 380437
Nice looking rig

Hi, barrel to shroud spacer positions? Do you have any recommendations please. The one at the end of my barrel came off and was left in the shroud. I damaged it refitting the barrel, so removed the spacers and found the POI moved left 20mm at 10 metres. I was also hoping that with them removed and the barrel free floating, the group size might reduce. It didn't! The groups were better before removing the spacers. I'm wondering about indexing the barrel, any experience? Cheers, JohnGot the grs continuum this past May. I started with neutral cam hammer spring, and worked up from there. Presently at 130 bar , 760 fps, 27 hn slug, with the 380mm barrel. The 700mm will do approx 850 at 110 bar with same.
Hint, check your barrel spacer distances. Watch the youtubes on tuning.

Muzzle end spacer approx 2 to 3 " from the end, then equal distance spacing for the others, electric tape both sides to prevent movement. Just indexed my barrel, sighting it on a machined strait edge level with a pen light behind it, magnifier glasses, it was tough to see, it was very strait for 70% of the length, then at the end it had a very slight up turn, approx 7 to 8", 10 to 20 thousands of inch max. I postioned the up turn at 12 oclock. I used silicone grease on the orings for a better sliding spacer without movement.20230820_182957.jpg After indexing the barrel, Got a new 6 0clock group location from what was a sighted in bench position, up 40 clicks, then down 8 clicks, the rest were all 10's, seems reasonable, with a 24 twist stx barrel20230821_072655 - Copy.jpg using 25.4 grain slug, 100 yards, at 140 bar, 984 fps.
Got some JSB pellets 25.4 coming to try in the pellet barrel, also some HN 21 and 23 slugs, will see soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnAnkers