FX Crown leak

I just went to take my first shot of the day and ran into an issue. I didn't make any adjustments to the settings (have the settings at .177/#4) and am using the same pellets I've been using. First shot sounded like it was at full power and sent the pellet way off target. Then the air is just hissing out the barrel. 

Did I somehow rip an o-ring? Hope it isn't more. How can I determine which o-ring to focus on in my search? Suggestions and advice, please.

Thanks.

There are a lot of possibilities here, but it sounds to me like the air left the tank through the power valve. 

There are a lot of possible causes for this, but the most common is that your airgun was too low on pressure to start with. You see the hammer opens the valve, and it closes again, based in part on the flow of air and pressure behind it. If there is insufficient pressure, there won't be enough to counteract the hammer's force and your rifle will fully empty itself. Did you take a look at your gauges before shooting by chance? 

The best thing I can recommend is to unload your rifle, cock it, put it on safe, and then try filling it and seeing if it'll hold air. From there you'll (hopefully) be able to diagnose the issue. Please keep in mind my above thoughts really amount to little more than a guess, so there are a lot of possible things to check and try, however without air in your gun to start with it is hard to find the source of the leak. 

As STO mentioned I would stick it on safe, cock it and leave the side lever open to take the pressure off the valving and then fill it so that it reseals. Maybe try taking the bottle off and reattaching before filling if there is pressure left in the bottle from the earlier issue. I was tuning the trigger on my Crown the other day and when I put the bottle back on the air just flowed straight out of the barrel. Took the bottle off, did the above and everything worked fine afterwards. Don't let the hammer hit the valve without pressure behind it, I don't think it likes that.

I have just experienced the same problem with my Crown FX .25. I have been using it successfully over the past few weeks (new) and just shot two pellets tonight when the air started to leak through the barrel. I know my tank was almost full as I have a Compressor to fill it regularly. I haven't tried what you mentioned re taking the tank off and back on and trying to refill it but I thought it was strange behaviour of a new rifle! All the air leaked out actually and left the tank and barrel very cold.

So I removed the tank and reconnected...Set to cocked (without magazine) and started to pump. The air is still coming out of the barrel and not filling the tank!

I just went to take my first shot of the day and ran into an issue. I didn't make any adjustments to the settings (have the settings at .177/#4) and am using the same pellets I've been using. First shot sounded like it was at full power and sent the pellet way off target. Then the air is just hissing out the barrel. 

Did I somehow rip an o-ring? Hope it isn't more. How can I determine which o-ring to focus on in my search? Suggestions and advice, please.

Mine has been fixed. I had figured the air was being released through the barrel because something was wrong with the pin or seat. Called the importer here in Australia and he sent me me a new pin and seat set.

When I took it apart I found a small sliver of metal sitting on the seat (from manufacture lathing). After removing it I put it back together and still leaked. I tried just putting the pin in but still no luck so replaced both the pin and seat and it worked. Under a microscope I could see a groove on the seat probably caused by the piece of metal left after manufacturing. Wasn’t happy but all fixed now.

Hey folks, a few of you may have seen a post I made a while back where I had air leaking from the barrel and also when the pellet probe was pulled back. Well, I put a new delrin seal in and for a while it seemed to go away...then it came back. It came back when the delrin seal and brass collar slid back. So, I put some loctite under the seal and collar and put it back together and for a few days it seemed to work. However, it appears that it had a slow leak. So today I tried to fill the bottle and the slow leak is now a fast leak. I took it all apart and have now tried 3 valve seals including the original one, and two valve pins, including the original one and with the original valve seat. All of the o-rings seem ok, all of the surfaces that are visible seem ok. Is there anything else it could be?

So here is the latest:

I tried to air it up but air just came out the barrel. I cocked it and left the handle open to take pressure off the pin and tried to air up and air came out through barrel. I tried 3 different seats, including the original smaller one, and two pins including the original, and tried to air up and air came out the barrel. I took apart the valve seat and pin assembly several times to check things out and even did a bit more polishing. The seal and collar are in the right position so it is not that. I finally tried the original seat and pin for about the 4th time, but i gave the spring a bit of a stretch to see if a bit of extra pressure on the pin might help to seal it and i also dropped reg pressure way down. Finally it took air.

Then I tried to swap back to my larger seat and no luck, air just came rushing out...so then i went back to the original seat and upped the pressure to 150 bar and i am waiting to see if it holds pressure overnight.

I am thinking that two things may be happening...one, I have a feeling that I need an even larger valve seat. and two, I feel I may need a new or stronger valve pin string. It may be possible that the one I have has been over compressed and is just not cutting it any more. 

Mind you, I have been running the larger valve seat and delrin seal for several weeks and they have been working just fine, so why the problems now?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

ok guys i got a leak not comeing out the barrle but on the side like right side there a small hole in the action and mine is leaking air out of it i see if i can post a pict
141977711_1749755575192041_2262734751461901167_o.1617559846.jpg