• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

fx crown leak after bottle removal.

i unscrewed the tank. i fired a shot to get the remaining air out and it kept hissing a bit. i did some work on the trigger setting. when i put all back together and screwed the tank back in, i could hear a slight leak. i cocked it and was still leaking. fired and still leaked.
i found a very small oring near the safety screw when reassembling so i put it on the screw for the safety lever. is that correct? or is that little oring from somewhere else and causing my leak?

If I had to guess I would say your air bottle gauge is leaking. Evidently it is common on the Crown. I received a new Crown Continuum from Pyramid Air (after paying them the $10 for 10 check list (one of which was check for leaks) and it leaked right out of the box. After zero help from PA (except the recommendation I call FX in North Carolina and talk to a tech) and lots of opinions on this forum, I was able to figure out it was the air gauge. FX sent me new and improved washers for the gauge and that fixed the problem. I had to buy a "thin" 11mm - 7/16 open end wrench that would fit between the gauge and the block. Here is the thread discussing my leak:

Wrench 11- (2).jpg

wrench thickness (2).jpg