• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown issues

Hi , I bought a FX Crown somes months ago , with 3 barrels/ shrouds units in .22 , .25 and .30 cal.

When I put a Fx slug liner in .22 , whatever the brand of slugs I use , groups open to an average of 2 inches ; with the " normal" liner groups are about 1/2 inch at 50 yards and 880 Ft/s. I took care not to thighten the nut of the liner too much to avoid bending. I really Don't know how to fix this problem.

No problem with the .25 cal shooting JSB 25 gr at 900 Feet/s .

When I swap to the .30 barrel , things are worse. Groups are about 15 inches to the right , and I can't compensate with the windage correction. I put a DonnyFl Shogun as a moderator; could this explain such a problem?

Finally , I'm not very satisfied with that gun ; I don't have much confidence in the "liner in a barrel in a shroud" system. Lack of rigidity can cause a lot of problems.

Hi , I bought a FX Crown somes months ago , with 3 barrels/ shrouds units in .22 , .25 and .30 cal.

When I put a Fx slug liner in .22 , whatever the brand of slugs I use , groups open to an average of 2 inches ; with the " normal" liner groups are about 1/2 inch at 50 yards and 880 Ft/s. I took care not to thighten the nut of the liner too much to avoid bending. I really Don't know how to fix this problem.

No problem with the .25 cal shooting JSB 25 gr at 900 Feet/s .

When I swap to the .30 barrel , things are worse. Groups are about 15 inches to the right , and I can't compensate with the windage correction. I put a DonnyFl Shogun as a moderator; could this explain such a problem?

Finally , I'm not very satisfied with that gun ; I don't have much confidence in the "liner in a barrel in a shroud" system. Lack of rigidity can cause a lot of problems.

Hi Aldea6, 

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your FX Crown if you would send us your name, number, and email in a direct message. We can have one of our techs contact you and go through the issues and see what we are able to help with. We look forward to speaking with you and finding a solution for you to ensure the equipment you are using is all working properly. 

Regards,

FX Airguns Customer Service Support

HI , now , after a lot of checks and trials , I have better news about my FX.

- For the .30 cal , I found that the grub screw, which locks the male thread of the shroud to the barrel , was loose, and the shroud moved along the barrel. Loctite fixed the problem. I swap the Shogun moderator for the Sumo , which is shorter. Now the gun shoots very well. I didn't index the barrel.

- For the .25 cal , no problem as I mentioned , very accurate with JSB 25gr.

- About the slug liner , groups were not very good , about 1 inch CTC at 50 yards. Maybe I should shot more of them for liner break-in. Maybe later.I put the factory barrel back and got very good groups with the JSB 18gr.

Fx Crown is a very tunable gun ; maybe it takes more time to find the good balance between reg pressure , HST , moderator and pellets speed.

More tests to come😃.

Thanks for your advices and the help proposed by FX-USA.