• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown increase regulator. Stock does not have hole near gauge.

So. I finally purchased an FX crown. Getting some teething problems.
Trying to figure out how to adjust my regulator.

The manual shows a laminate stock with a hole that allows you to increase the regulator pressure. I have the walnut stock and there is no hole.

I haven't taken the gun apart before so a bit cautious. Does anyone know if there should be a hole or not in the walnut. 
If not.. how do I go increase my reg. Right now it is at about 110.

Thanks 

So yours does not have the little opening next to the guage on the left?
That is where you adjust the reg.
I have the walnut stock and it is the same as pictured below.
1522623445_4191408615ac163d57932d5.49660883_crown reg.png

Search the forum on how to post a pic, start there. If you need to take the stock off there's threads here with that info, Jking shows step by step how to do it in his thread about crown. Type crown in the search feature.

Rather than hinting that you dont know how to do something show that you're able to search and find or at least be willing to look.

Mine is walnut. It has the same adjustment small hole as that in lavahunter's laminate pic above. I am in Australia. Our rifles come through the same as those in USA but without the sound moderation systems.

Before you start taking things apart you would be wise to read and view some of the videos and posts here explaining the sequences in doing so. For example, removal of the hammer adjustment wheel (watching out for the ball and spring mechanisms incorporated) and the safety catch, before removal of the two stock screws. Also the importance of not trying to screw the regulator adjustment screw in to lower the pressure before de-pressurizing the system.

In the short term there is probably no need to begin tinkering until one has shot the rifle a reasonable amount and has explored the available adjustments and hammer and transfer port combinations. It is all too easy to be influenced into thinking that these highly adjustable rifles require one to start tinkering from scratch with the result that the well tuned factory settings may be compromised and hard to recover. 
Kind regards, Harry in OZ.

Good advice Harry,
Gogojuice, once your well acquainted with the gun and how it performs as is and your 100% sure you can take the stock off without incident (of course that wouldn't be any fun) you can check and make sure the regulator adjuster is actually there. I can't imagine it not being though, but heck weirder things have happened. If it's there, I guess you have a couple of options. Let the dealer know that you have a stock that wasn't properly machine and have them take care of it or take a dremel tool and make your own slot.

If you decide to pull the stock off which really isn't that complicated (the second time around) be sure and note where the little bb's set in the adjuster knob or on the receiver, depending on where they decide to stick to when you GENTLY remove the knob and also note that there are two VERY, VERY SMALL springs in the receiver that these two bb's set on. These two springs will more than likely stay in the receiver but there's also a chance they will fall out on the ground and be lost forever if you turn the gun over. These are the two main things that I'd stress to use a lot of caution.
Keep in touch and let us know how you proceed.
Jimmy

Thanks All.

Yes.. after posting I had already watched Tom's video (thanks Glem). 
Quite good details I must say. Your other one on the bipod is also great :) If I put one on I might as well do both lol. 

Yrrah.. mine has no sound moderator on it either. So we are more alike lol. It is louder than I thought. I use 177/22 max with 25.49gr. I find the noise similar to a .22 cal.
Interested to know if it is just the way they are for Canada or defect? 
I'll email my dealer when they are open.

Prior to purchasing, I spent quite a bit of time with what I thought was trying to understand the relationships each setting had. Now I'm finding I have more questions lol. 
If my reg is 120 and it's fine, ie, I have enough in the other settings, then I will probably just leave it.

My thought was that it all started with the reg pressure. Guess I'm wrong.. but learning.

1522640435_13285354285ac1a633aa5de3.90568114_20180401_232958.jpg

Here are the full photos. Cell phone (poor quality). I'll take some better ones with my good gear later this week.

1522690352_11896072205ac26930d7d7b2.84234587_20180402_132647.jpg

1522690373_8896523275ac26945252425.73455072_20180402_132710.jpg

I like, but it is my first airgun, so my comparisons are limited to powder burners. If I could quiet it down, like it is on low power, I would be really happy. I tried low power and its almost lobby pellets (exaggeration) past 25 yards with the arch.

Can't get a silencer up here... but I do wonder what they did to take off the shroud so it doesn't extend?