FX Crown in da house!

"Maineiac"Why did FX stop shipping nice hard cases with their expensive rifles?
Simple reason, I've been told because the Boss and R500 are too long to fit in the cardboard box.
My Bosses and R500's were indeed packed in a case, the R400ft, R400 black pepper and Bobcat were in the cardboard box :)
Apparently, the Crown is short enough to fit in the cardboard box.

"weatherby"
Simple reason, I've been told because the Boss and R500 are too long to fit in the cardboard box.
My Bosses and R500's were indeed packed in a case, the R400ft, R400 black pepper and Bobcat were in the cardboard box :)
That would make sense except how do you explain the Impact? It's plenty short but still gets a fancy case.

"Maineiac"
"weatherby"
That would make sense except how do you explain the Impact? It's plenty short but still gets a fancy case.
(O.T.) Impact is designed as a take down rifle, (delivered in too small a case at first) but the second generation got a bigger case so it doesn't have to be dismounted completely when you want to put it away.
Plus there is room for switch barrels and magazines. The Verminator extreme also comes in a case to store all accessories.

Nice rifle, the Crown. I've inspected it at IWA in March, and it has some really nice features. If only I didn't get back into the powder burner scene recently........ This could be THE gun for me :) But I will keep it at 2 PCP's maximum. Choices, choices..... 
Have fun with it Michael, congrats on this beauty.

Actually future Crown's WILL be shipped with hard cases. Apparently FX could only ship 1 pallet this time, and in order to increase the number of Crowns on the pallet they decided to put them into boxes.

"Michael"
Actually future Crown's WILL be shipped with hard cases. Apparently FX could only ship 1 pallet this time, and in order to increase the number of Crowns on the pallet they decided to put them into boxes.
interesting. i hope all us current owners get free cases unless there's an upcharge for it on future crowns.

"jcjc"
"Michael"
interesting. i hope all us current owners get free cases unless there's an upcharge for it on future crowns.

That I couldn't tell you. It just might be the price we paid to get them 1st!

"Michael"
That's good information! Thanks! Sometimes there is an early adopter tax, I guess. ;-)

Rifle looks beautiful Michael. Congratulations. Fx has said there will be different length barrels available. I would think it would look awesome with a barrel that came out just past the CF bottle. 
Maybe someone with photoshop skills could do that to above pictures? Could end up shorter than an impact?
As an impact owner and having a Crown on order I would love to know are the barrels going to be interchangeable and does the impact magazine work sliding in from the "left" side. Opposite of original. 
Michael