• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Crown in da house!

"Menttaliist"Niiice!! Overall lenght?

The OAL with the shroud reduced is 43"

6a114cfae02d6254535768e4c9aa53d6.jpg

Notice I said "reduced" because to my surprise the Crown actually has an extendable shroud! But it's very different from an Impact. The shroud actually extends from the breech & then with a quick turn it locks into place. It increases the OAL to 46.5" & decreases the report quite a bit.

0c68093409cf475d16da970032bbbbb2.jpg

b591180fc27c1c46726d2adc1142e3b9.jpg

"Michael"
"jcjc"
"Michael"
"Maineiac"Why did FX stop shipping nice hard cases with their expensive rifles?
Actually future Crown's WILL be shipped with hard cases. Apparently FX could only ship 1 pallet this time, and in order to increase the number of Crowns on the pallet they decided to put them into boxes.
interesting. i hope all us current owners get free cases unless there's an upcharge for it on future crowns.

That I couldn't tell you. It just might be the price we paid to get them 1st!
Personally I don't mind the fact that they do not come in a hard case. It keeps the price lower than Daystates. Also I imagine it was a conscious decision by FX not to go down that route as currently it keeps factory storage space down to a minimum, it's one less 3rd party supplier that you have to monitor for quality and the end user just gets to focus on the gun not the associated package. I got a FX cardboard box with the Bobcat and replaced it with a nice Pelican case and was happy, however I got an FX Case with a Ranchero and the hinges snapped off after a few months, leaving the case useless. Enjoy your guns, I'm really looking forward to your reviews.

"Kitplanenut"Michael. Great looking gun. According to my tracking number I can tell you monday what the twist rate is on mine. Is it stamped on the liner and if so how easy did you find it is to pull it out? You guys are doing a great job with AGN. Thanks. Sylvan

Hopefully yours comes with a little sticker stating the twist rate. But I'll try to upload some pictures later on where to find it. There should be a little label attached to the liner itself. But I should pass on a warning that you should really shoot the gun a bunch before you take anything apart and tinker with it.

"Michael"
"Kitplanenut"Michael. Great looking gun. According to my tracking number I can tell you monday what the twist rate is on mine. Is it stamped on the liner and if so how easy did you find it is to pull it out? You guys are doing a great job with AGN. Thanks. Sylvan

Hopefully yours comes with a little sticker stating the twist rate. But I'll try to upload some pictures later on where to find it. There should be a little label attached to the liner itself. But I should pass on a warning that you should really shoot the gun a bunch before you take anything apart and tinker with it.
good advice. concerning airguns, i'm not a huge tinkerer at all but I like the fact that I can if I want with the crown as that's how it's designed. i'll try various pellets with the supplied liner and after getting comfortable with it, do some tweaking in the future.

"Menttaliist"
"Glem.Chally"I wonder if the front 3 stage power adjuster would fit on a Royale? I don't know why there's only 2 power settings it doesn't cost much to drill holes!
Two power settings? Royales have 3 settings except the Royale Extreme arrow version (at that's the case of Matt Dubber)
Mine only has 2.

"Paulcat"Early Royales had 3 power settings and were not factory regulated.To add a regulator also requires changing the power wheel to 2 settings.Later Royales offered with a regulator have 2 power settings.Informed by the dealer I bought my Royale from when I inquired about adding a regulator. Correct me if I've been misinformed.
Cheers Paul.
my royale is factory regulated and has 3 power settings. bought it earlier this year.

"jcjc"
"Paulcat"Early Royales had 3 power settings and were not factory regulated.To add a regulator also requires changing the power wheel to 2 settings.Later Royales offered with a regulator have 2 power settings.Informed by the dealer I bought my Royale from when I inquired about adding a regulator. Correct me if I've been misinformed.
Cheers Paul.
my royale is factory regulated and has 3 power settings. bought it earlier this year.
My Royale 500 .25 had the regulator installed by AOA and has 3 power settings.

"Widget23"
"jcjc"
Cheers Paul.
My Royale 500 .25 had the regulator installed by AOA and has 3 power settings.
Thanks, I emailed AOA to see if the 3 setting cylinder is available as a part. Back to the Crown, sorry for the derail!

Finally got to shoot the Crown a bit today. But it was HOT. I mean 112 heat index hot! I had sweat dripping from every pore of my body but I was determined to put some lead downrange.

6a93a838dd6d24f1bd58a32aaf6d3df7.jpg

I slapped on an SWFA scope with BLK high rings and the scope only cleared the mag by 1/8". Which could be why the magazine ramp is sloped.
57ff672c92f89339609d926bdfa258b8.jpg

a890b05b850466e93aab05e9a4e08130.jpg

The adjustable cheek riser worked really well. 
2887f15b1763ab7752365a0a18f1c55b.jpg

The action feels very different compared to the Royale series; not quite as smooth, but really solid.

Each group here is a full magazine (16 shots) @ 50 yards. Not bad for our first date.
b0b45263e027715f34a58600498eedfa.jpg

This was the best 16 shot group
90bd51f8bba157a6c2d7066be218c46f.jpg

I was shooting .25 kings at 880fps. Which was transfer port 3, power wheel 5. I didn't try any other settings. 
49c82b9048ed3ae66e3a2594130bd911.jpg